SDS100/SDS200: Sds100 will sit for hour before I here anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
A cold solder joint problem can be temperature sensitive. As the scanner heats up, expansion can cause problems to appear or disappear.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
It almost sounds like a broken antenna connection if some higher frequencies will sometimes work but lower ones will not.

Kris1359

Kris1359
That’s probably what I need to do it just kind of sucks when you by a brand new scanner and out of the box it doesn’t work.

tvengr

Well Known Member
That's why we have warranties. I have also had to replace temperature sensitive components in electronic equipment as well as dealing with solder joint problems. Many of our old RCA Tactec handheld 2-way radios were repaired by resoldering connections on the circuit board.

Last edited:

Kris1359

Kris1359
I’m going to register the warranty and get it fixed and sell it. I just got another sds100 and it works great. I should be able to get some of my money back. Thanks to everyone for the help.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
How do I go about sending the scanner in for repair? Should I register the warranty first?
Registering is not needed, but when sending it in, you will need to include proof of purchase, where you purchased the scanner, new, within a year or less. (It doesn't hurt to register it first, but you will need the proof of purchase when sending it.)

Start the repair process at this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.