SDS100 with ARC536PRO keeping the P25 or DMR squelch settings

ekim223

SDS100 with ARC536PRO. What is the secret to keeping those Squelch settings? I have created a system with several frequency's. I set the squelch to DMR, and save the favorite it is with, recheck the entry and all is good. Close ARC536 and reopen that favorite & recheck the squelch settings for that system, and the DMR is now changed to P25. I have seen this in 3 systems I have created. Any ideas what step I am missing to keep the DMR setting?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
What is the secret to keeping those Squelch settings?

I set the squelch to DMR,

Close ARC536 and reopen that favorite & recheck the squelch settings for that system, and the DMR is now changed to P25.

Squelch is a setting that allows audio to pass thru the speaker based on its level. The higher your squelch, the stronger the incoming signal must be to hear it.

DMR and P25 are modes of digital.

I have seen this in 3 systems I have created.
Can you post a link to those or name them?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I think I may know what your issue is. You're probably saving the Arc536 profile without saving the .hpd file so the change isn't recognized next time you launch the app. So...
Step 1: Open Profile
Step 2: Make your changes
Step 3: Save HPD File (As) or "Save HPD file once said file is created
Step 4: Close app

Next time app is launched & you open your profile changes should remain as long as you save the applicable HPD file every time you make a change.
1719844934926.png

One of many reasons why I prefer Proscan over any other app for favorites lists mods, a simple File > Save As saves all FL changes ;)

Last edited:

Ubbe

ARC calls the digital system typ as squelch mode in conventional systems.
I downloaded the demo of ARC536basic and created a conventional system with DMR frequencies and saved that favorite.
When closing and starting ARC and loading that favorite the DMR type are changed to search for all digital types.
I changed to DMR once again and saved and restarted ARC and this time it have changed to P25.

It seems to be a bug in ARC536. @Butelsoftware

/Ubbe

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Is the bug just involving the basic version? because I did the same process with the latest version of Pro and my conventional objects remained DMR when I saved the favorite, closed and reopened app & favorites list...

ekim223

I think I may know what your issue is. You're probably saving the Arc536 profile without saving the .hpd file so the change isn't recognized next time you launch the app. So...
Step 1: Open Profile
Step 2: Make your changes
Step 3: Save HPD File (As) or "Save HPD file once said file is created
Step 4: Close app

Next time app is launched & you open your profile changes should remain as long as you save the applicable HPD file every time you make a change.
View attachment 165012

One of many reasons why I prefer Proscan over any other app for favorites lists mods, a simple File > Save As saves all FL changes ;)
I use the SAVE / SAVE AS options as you have illustrated and that is when the issue arises.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
You are using subtone search mode so the SQ Mode column setting is ignored and defaults to P25 when you load the file. This is normal behaviour. Only when you set a specific subtone the SQ Mode setting like DMR/P25 etc will be saved.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

ekim223

You are using subtone search mode so the SQ Mode column setting is ignored and defaults to P25 when you load the file. This is normal behaviour. Only when you set a specific subtone the SQ Mode setting like DMR/P25 etc will be saved.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com
So if the P25 appears, it will not matter if the signal is actually DMR? The radio will decipher it as a DMR?