SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 With larger battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
Wanted to just ask what retailers are selling the SDS100 WITH the newer high capacity battery? I know Uniden directly ships them with the battery and door but it seems like other places I look all want to sell it separately for $60 or around that. Uniden is of course sold out currently.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Wanted to just ask what retailers are selling the SDS100 WITH the newer high capacity battery? I know Uniden directly ships them with the battery and door but it seems like other places I look all want to sell it separately for $60 or around that. Uniden is of course sold out currently.

All dealers have been selling new SDS100s with the high capacity battery for well over a year now... unless there still is some very, very old stock out there... which would be highly doubtful at this point in time. The production change to the new battery was made very shortly after the SDS100 was released.

You can purchase extra high capacity batteries with the door by themselves at dealers... that's probably what you're seeing.

Last edited:

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
All of them. Only the first batch of SDS100 scanners came with the small battery, and Uniden shipped a replacement "big" battery for those at no charge. For $50 you can get *another* larger battery, or for $70 you can get the external charger with a second battery.

Uniden is sold out because they favor their resellers over direct sales from their website.

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
That's what I was hoping to hear. I was just curious since on Uniden's site the list of things "Included with the scanner" shows the higher capacity battery but several places I looked had that specific item removed from the list.

Good to know it's just an oversight.

SquierStrat

Is the smaller battery (and cover) something that could possibly be made in the aftermarket? Or would Uniden somehow restrict that?

SquierStrat

Have you tried carrying it with the smaller battery? And then the larger battery?? Lol, I tried the larger battery for a week after uniden sent it to me, and its been in storage since. I use the original small battery, and have 2 backups I was able to get from scanner master. I would not own this scanner if I was stuck with the larger battery.

I know im kinda different, but I cant believe im the only one who prefers the smaller

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Have you tried carrying it with the smaller battery? And then the larger battery?? Lol, I tried the larger battery for a week after uniden sent it to me, and its been in storage since. I use the original small battery, and have 2 backups I was able to get from scanner master. I would not own this scanner if I was stuck with the larger battery.

I know im kinda different, but I cant believe im the only one who prefers the smaller
The standard case fits the larger battery. Most people want more than 4-5 hours of battery life.

xilix

Premium Subscriber
What's the typical battery life of the larger battery ? Does turning off the color on the display extend the time any ?

Ubbe

The SDS100 typically draws 750mA with the display on and 700mA with the display off. A 7% difference.
The big battery are 5400mAH so a fully working battery should last 5400/750=7,2 hours. If you never light up the display it lasts for 7,7 hours.

/Ubbe

kymarkh

Premium Subscriber
Just picked up an SDS100 today and I'm in agreement with SquierStrat - I'd like to have the smaller battery and cover in addition to the larger set it came with. I like having more than 1 option.

Status
Not open for further replies.