• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

SDS100 with Remtronix 800mhz antenna

ApexMark

Premium Subscriber
New owner here. I just popped the Diamond RH77CA off my radio and put on this new one from ScannerMaster. Wow! Unreal, the difference. I can't believe the difference in clarity, reception..crystal clear, loud. Like they're standing right next to me. I thought the Diamond was a nice step up from the stock antenna- I wasn't quite prepared for the difference this remarkable antenna would make. It just doesn't miss a beat at all. Anyway, new to scanning, just wanted to share my excitement (receiving in 700-800 with it). Now I can put the Diamond over onto my BC125AT for a dedicated air band radio. I have been a long time away from scanning, just getting back to it.

Thanks for reading,
Mark

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
I use both these antennas and they are hard to beat... The Diamond does exceptional on Vhf as the Remtronix does on 800 Mhz.... like you I use them on two different scanners dedicated for two different purposes so they work well for my needs. That little Remtronix teamed with an old GRE handheld scanner preamp will pick up an 800 mhz trunked system 90 miles away fairly solid most days better than the online feed that is in the same city.

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
New owner here. I just popped the Diamond RH77CA off my radio and put on this new one from ScannerMaster. Wow! Unreal, the difference. I can't believe the difference in clarity, reception..crystal clear, loud. Like they're standing right next to me. I thought the Diamond was a nice step up from the stock antenna- I wasn't quite prepared for the difference this remarkable antenna would make. It just doesn't miss a beat at all. Anyway, new to scanning, just wanted to share my excitement (receiving in 700-800 with it). Now I can put the Diamond over onto my BC125AT for a dedicated air band radio. I have been a long time away from scanning, just getting back to it.

Thanks for reading,
Mark
Mark, you sound like you know what you're doing and both antennas are excellent choices for the scanners and purpose you're using them for!

Bill

TailGator911

Premium Subscriber
I agree with Bill there, both excellent choices for hand held scanner antennas. I have a spare feed line coming from my rooftop directional yagi via a Stridsberg multi-coupler for use on my hand held scanners at the desk and I rarely use it on my SDS100. It does just fine with the Remtronix 800mhz on my Ohio MARCS simulcast P25 system. I usually connect that extra feed to my BC125AT. That Remtronix all by itself is one fine antenna.

JD
kf4anc