Sds100

Status
Not open for further replies.

de784

Feed Provider
Any sds users in DE? I am using the 436 would upgrading to a sds be worth it

Reactions: hey

KC2KQH

While I don't own an SDS, I'd say if you're only using it on the DE system it probably isn't worth the money to upgrade. I've programmed many 436 and 536 units for customers. They seem to work quite well on the DE 800 system.

-Ryan

eaf1956

Feed Provider
If it not simulcast then stick with the 436 unless you just want the display

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Yea I've used the SDS100 in New Castle County before. It does an ok job on that system, but it isn't perfect. Neither is the 436/536 but I even think those do a slightly better job on the older Motorola systems like DE. So unless you are wantimg to listen to something P25 outside the state (like Maryland) then stick with what you have.

de784

Feed Provider
I picked one up at mad electronics in Delmar. For 599. Had it next to the 436. 436 is missing transmissions locked on suscom

u2brent

OAMPT
Any sds users in DE? I am using the 436 would upgrading to a sds be worth it

I picked one up at mad electronics in Delmar. For 599. Had it next to the 436. 436 is missing transmissions locked on suscom
So, There ya have it! It is worth it, If you can afford it.. I like the more detailed info and color display. Once you use the detail screen with all the possible custom fields, you'll never wanna go back. (y) That's been my experience.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
I picked up the SDS100 this week, and it is picking up the State of Delaware system much better than my BCD325P2 did when I did a side by side comparison of the two. Depending on where I am in my house, I'm in the Smyrna area, I can also pick up the South Simulcast of the NJSP in the clear and the Cecil Simulcast on FIRST. For the past few nights, I'm also picking up the Harford Site on the CMARC. I think that it has been a worthy investment for this area.

shajen

I picked up the SDS100 this week, and it is picking up the State of Delaware system much better than my BCD325P2 did when I did a side by side comparison of the two. Depending on where I am in my house, I'm in the Smyrna area, I can also pick up the South Simulcast of the NJSP in the clear and the Cecil Simulcast on FIRST. For the past few nights, I'm also picking up the Harford Site on the CMARC. I think that it has been a worthy investment for this area.
Maybe you are already aware of the encryption of the Cecil County Sheriff's Office, Elkton Police, and the local Elkton Police Departments are now broadcast in full encryption.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
If you travel, you will certainly encounter some simulcast systems. How much you travel is proportionate to how much you need the SDS100.

With an inexpensive Tram antenna, mine performs flawlessly on the open road.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
Maybe you are already aware of the encryption of the Cecil County Sheriff's Office, Elkton Police, and the local Elkton Police Departments are now broadcast in full encryption.
I've just returned from a 12 year absence from scanning, my last scanner was a BC296D, so it was nice to listen to Cecil County when I could with the ProVoice upgrade. At least there is other traffic to listen to on the FIRST system.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
The SDS100 continues to amaze me in Delaware. While only utilizing the Remtronix antenna, I’ve been able to pick-up Baltimore County - South Simulcast, Chester County - West Simulcast, and Gloucester County. For the past two nights, it’s also been hit and miss with Anne Arrundel County and Baltimore City even with the squelch set to 1.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
Wow! That's pretty amazing! Where in Delaware are you monitoring from?
I’m right on the border of Smyrna and Clayton, Delaware. Tonight, I’m picking up traffic on CMARC - Hartford, Baltimore County - South, FIRST - Kent, Cecil, Queen Anne’s Simulcast Sites, and NJSP - South Simulcast. I probably haven’t had as much fun with a scanner since I bought the BC235 and BC245XLT back in the days.

Status
Not open for further replies.