Sds100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enix316

Hello all. I just recently got a Uniden bcd325p2 only to find out that it doesn't handle the Sedgwick County simulcast system well. I'm seeing that the sds100 is the best choice at the moment.

I'm wondering if anyone here has an sds100 that they use in Sedgwick County? If so, would you be willing to meet up so I can check it out in person(masks, distance, outdoors)? I just don't want to spend $600-$700 and not be happy with it.

I have been using and sdr set-up for a while now so maybe that skews my expectations. Audio quality is very good on the sdr and it seems like I hear a lot more on it than my bcd325p2 but I think that's the simulcast.

Thanks.

fredva

Feed Provider
Not in that area, so I can't help you with that specific request. However, having expectations that an SDR-based scanner will perform similar to your SDR setup isn't unreasonable.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
My SDS100 outperforms both of my 536HPs, and a 436HP & TRX-1 (when I owned them) in heavily simulcast environments. I can't speak for your specific system of interest but I am certain after monitoring dozens of simulcast systems with mine that you'll be pleased with an SDS100's performance

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I will also chime in that having owned a 395T (gifted to relative in montana) 996P2, 436HP, HP2, and several G4 and other commercial gear i am really liking my sds100.
In fact prior to the SDS100 i rarely carried a scanner (436) but now i find my self using the SDS100 way more than i ever did my 436. It just works great for me.
Main usage is on a UHF DMR Connect Plus system, Several P25 simulcast systems in 2 different counties.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
When I rec'd my SDS100 I was skeptical but after over a year of usage i have to say it is the best scanner I have ever owned. If the word 'simulcast' is anywhere in your system's description, then no other scanner will do it for you 100% like the SDS series scanners. I had no idea just how much my other scanners were skipping around simulcast and missing so much. It was like night and day, not even close. I had 4 scanners monitoring the Ohio MARCS P25 Phase 1 simulcast system. The others were often garbled and silent while the SDS lit up like a Christmas tree. No comparison. If you have a simulcast system that you want to monitor, the SDS100 or SDS200 is the only way to go.

Enix316

Just curious, which SDR software do you use?

I have been using SDRTrunk. Works wonderful for me. I also use 2 RTL-SDR dongles.

Thanks all for your replies, sounds like I won't be disappointed with the SDS100 like I am with the BCD325P2. I am still interested in a local meet-up if anyone keeps reading this far.

Evan.

Status
Not open for further replies.