SDS100E: Firmware updates to V1_07_02 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciscovk

Premium Subscriber
Hello guys,

i have a problem this firmware updates for SDS100E from 1.05.01 to V1_07_02.
Does anyone know how to do firmware upgrade on SDS100E?
I know it is simple to update through Sentinel, but it only for SDS100, not for SDS100E...(

ciscovk

Premium Subscriber
I have now installed their program from Product Info | Uniden, but it is the same "This version of the scanner is the current version".... (

Any chance to update SDS100E from 1.05.01 to latest 1.07.02?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 18.20.52.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 18.20.52.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 47

ciscovk

Premium Subscriber
I am guessing a update has not been issued for the 100e.
I think, hardware of 100e and 100 is looks the same?

hm... as i understand, in the near future they will not release anything for SDS100E, they only work with an update for SDS100 only...(

funatic

We get to stop buying Uniden products in Europe, because of the support's lack...

woodpecker

I think your question about the SDS100E is a question for Uniden Europe not Uniden North America not Uniden Japan.

Your post is incorrect, there is no Uniden Europe, support for Europe is by Uniden Japan which I linked to way up the thread.

EU models normally take years to catch up and are not worth buying due to the lack of support from Japan.

Whistler don't seem to have this issue outside the US, just Uniden.

budevans

Then why on the Uniden Website does it say this.
Uniden Europe Contact Information
E-mail ues@uniden.co.jpTel 81-3-5543-2830
Look at the email address. It ends in jp, the designation for Japan. If you look at the map from the url that you posted you won't see any Uniden presence in Europe. Here's a screen shot of the support sites, you will see that contact information for both Europe and Asia is the same address.

Attachments

• UnidenSupport.png
    UnidenSupport.png
    187.3 KB · Views: 32

woodpecker

True but under the heading Uniden Europe I am just being picky on words. But the main fact is Uniden North America is not Uniden Europe Support.

No one said Uniden North America provided any support for the E model, I posted the correct link in post #3 for E model support and in your own words you appeared here being picky.

Uniden only have a distributor in Europe (Avera) all support is provided by Japan and as I also said, going on past performance, the updates often take years to come through despite the hardware being identical. That is how it was with the EU UBCD3600XLT model which is a re-badged BCD436HP.

Air490

Hello guys,

i have a problem this firmware updates for SDS100E from 1.05.01 to V1_07_02.
Does anyone know how to do firmware upgrade on SDS100E?
I know it is simple to update through Sentinel, but it only for SDS100, not for SDS100E...(

The obvious question has been missed... how do you know there is an update for the SDS100E? Where did you find out about it and are you sure it is for the "E" model and not the US model?

I am not trying to be rude or condescending, but we have the same problem with Uniden Australia. Updates are released in the US but not here, and people try and install them in the incorrect models.

funatic

The obvious question has been missed... how do you know there is an update for the SDS100E? Where did you find out about it and are you sure it is for the "E" model and not the US model?

I am not trying to be rude or condescending, but we have the same problem with Uniden Australia. Updates are released in the US but not here, and people try and install them in the incorrect models.

You're 100% right, this is the keypoint: no update available for SDS100E. The only one release is concerning US, as usual unfortunately. Other markets, like Europe with the distributor AVERA or Australia as you wrote, are obviously not interesting for Uniden and that's why this is gonna be my last purchase from the brand if nothing changes.
And I do not wanna flash a firmware incorrect for the model I bought.

Last edited:

questnz

Don't expect too much, history repeat itself. We have the same saga with all UBC/UBCD products in the past in Uk and Australia.
BC gets updated fro US, most likely due to geographical and or contractual agreements or restrictions Uniden US usually dont comment on "other products".

dfw1193

I think the main reason is the lack of an active testing or research program in the AU or europe so you cant just make changes to firmware without having them thouroughly tested, I mean just the other day Sentinel was updated here in the US and within 24 hours the update was pulled down and replaced with another update due to issues pointed out within 8 hours of the updates release.

Take that issue multiply it by 25 since there is no active uniden support in Au or Europe and you end up with all units not functioning and those just purchased returned or sent for service immediately or refund.

Im sure before those units were released in Europe and the AU a team of people from Japan spent a lot of time in both areas testing and researching, so now that the initial marketing release is made there is no positive return on investment to do it again for updates but only for new products.

Just my opinion and thoughts.

RadioNemo

Does anyone know if the SDS100 only loads the firmware from the sdcard and doesn't save to an internal rom? I wonder what might happen if you copied an SDS100 firmware to the SDS100E sdcard.

I think the most likely issue is going to be US band restrictions and perhaps licensing restrictions. As far as software development time, expense and technical issues, i can't think of any good reason Uniden don't make firmwares available for both regions simultaneously. Unless there is some considerable hardware issues i am unaware of. It would probably take a dev a few hours to make their build system spit out two binaries with different band configs. I expect Uniden US is completely capable of doing this, but perhaps is restricted by a license agreement or something.... In any case, its pretty bad customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.