Sds200 and my pyschic abilities and intuition (guesses)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfw1193

So I have looked through the whole manual over and over.

There is no, none, nada a word refering to the external speaker jack, port at all not to mention whether it is stereo or mono, nor the headphone jack or whether they need to be mono or stereo.

There is no picture at all of the back panel.

There is no complete advanced documentation of any menu items how to change colors on the display etc etc.

No advanced manual, really ... Just this forum and us unofficial beta testers to figure it out on our own by trial and error.

I guess $700 dont get you much more than turn it on put your zip code in, get your flashlight to see the keys, your ear plugs to eliminate the hum that no one hears at uniden cause they missed the day the free hearing test van was out front cause they were counting money coming in for orders.

Sarcastic yes, disappointed VERY, returning it ... aint No Way this is the best thing since the first bc100 I got with the nice expensive looking brushed aluminum case and I think 16 channel synthisized programmable scanner. I will figure it out I will document it in my notes and continue to explore, but for anyone who is entering the hobby dont waste your money cause you will never figure it out.

I guess its about what customers you are targeting, cause this aint no Billy Bobs scanner or this heres my brother Daryl and my other brother Daryls scanner!

And now you know the rest of the story!

Last edited:

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Unless this radio is different than previous models, the speaker jack is mono and the headphone jack is stereo.

epilab

Premium Subscriber
If interested scanner master has a video on how to do it also

Still looking for how to factory reset

dfw1193

Well excuse my ignorance a short page 43 1/2 page text and the rest screen shots, thats like saying turn on the scanner and put your zip code in and it will do the rest.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Duh....
External speaker = plug an optional speaker into the jack
Headphone jack = plug headphones into the jack
Both - plug in a speaker/headphone and see if both sides have sound.
(hint: they do...)

Hum...? Maybe some units have it.
Many people don't hear it, or don't have it.
Or, certain people have dog hearing - or are extremely picky.

I understand that you may be frustrated.
However, with patience and a great place to ask questions (here) you can learn.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Well, it tells you how to get into the mode to customize the display, how to select the screen to display, how to select a field to modify, and tells you the functions of all the fields. That's more like saying, here is how you customize the display, select the screen you want to display, select the field you want to modify, and how to modify the field, to me. But, whatever.

BBossman1

If interested scanner master has a video on how to do it also

Still looking for how to factory reset

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Then you obviously dont read posts in the tech area where I have posted pictures even of how I customized my color display, so many people in denial.
Did you read the manual on how to post pictures?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Things like this happen when manufactures rush new products to market. The irony is that it usually results from RR members putting pressure on them to do exactly that!

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Things like this happen when manufactures rush new products to market. The irony is that it usually results from RR members putting pressure on them to do exactly that!
I rarely read a manual anyway so it's no big deal. A few scanners were released with no manual at all.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I rarely read a manual anyway so it's no big deal. A few scanners were released with no manual at all.

I agree. My post wasn't directed at you, more at the OP and the RR community in general.

When a new bleeding edge high tech product like the SDS100/200 scanners were first introduced it's always going to have some issues and omissions, corrections etc. User manuals have to be translated, edited, printed while features are constantly being updated. Firmware updates will go on for some times as bugs are discovered and new features are added. It may take a couple years for things to settle down and normalize. But I'd rather it be like that then having them take another year to release it for distribution to the end user. Part of the fun and excitement for me is being a part of that and having the anticapation of what's coming next!

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Well excuse my ignorance a short page 43 1/2 page text and the rest screen shots, thats like saying turn on the scanner and put your zip code in and it will do the rest.
If the shoe fits...

Status
Not open for further replies.