SDS200 Archived Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
What is the estimated or expected price?

Brian (COMMSCAN)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
It Looks great and there are probably 2 or 3 in my future this year that I will be purchasing. One question though why didn't you keep the Wifi from 536HP line? My favorite feature of my 536 was being able to log and record over wifi using proscan. Also why is the LAN connection on the front of the unit that would have looked much better in back with the extension speaker jack on the back of the unit other than that it looks awesome.

I guess my only other questions would be when will it be available? And how much will it cost?

Ubbe

I really hope there's additional LAN and USB-A connectors at the back. You don't want those cables sticking out from the front panel. Maybe the USB-A will be compatible with any USB GPS antenna?
The Vol and SQ controls have traded places compared to other Uniden scanner. It is more logical now so probably a good thing. Menu button gone and replaced by the SQ knob click that used to be display backlight. I don't see any light detector photocell that controls backlight and contrast as in any other advanced display device for a car. Too bad as that are so easy to implement.

/Ubbe

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The lack of any mention of it having WiFi capability is disappointing. Frankly, that's one of the best features of the 536.

I'm also baffled by the idea of putting the USB A and Ethernet ports on the front of this thing, when there is a ton of empty space on the back panel.

15336627dd34b964227aa8c3cad04864.jpg

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Looks great!

Is their a manual yet?
Any differences (functional or favorites) with the SDS100?

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
The price is in line with what I expected to see, so that's good. Looks like it implements a "one cord solution" for GPS, which I like as well. No remote head is mentioned, which is disappointing. However, looks like we may see an add-on accessory at a later date. I would have preferred a detachable faceplate/remote head, but a separate purchase remote head (should that be offered) isn't a bad alternative.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
The price is in line with what I expected to see, so that's good. Looks like it implements a "one cord solution" for GPS, which I like as well. No remote head is mentioned, which is disappointing. However, looks like we may see an add-on accessory at a later date. I would have preferred a detachable faceplate/remote head, but a separate purchase remote head (should that be offered) isn't a bad alternative.
Maybe that addon will be an ethernet remote head like a Flex radio and Maestro.

Status
Not open for further replies.