SDS200 audio recording - where are my files?

kc2klc

Accessing my SDS200 over Ethernet and everything seems to be working properly (including audio over URL). I can select a line on the "Recorder" tab and play it, so obviously it's been recorded. I selected "C:\Program Files\Proscan\Recordings" in the "Recordings Location" button of the Options > Recorder menu, and when I select it again I see a subfolder with today's date as its name (and another subfolder under that with the name of the System being scanned). However, Windows Explorer shows no content in "C:\Program Files\Proscan\Recordings". So where are my MP3 files???

EDIT: All of the lines on the Recorder tab have "Save" checked.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Accessing my SDS200 over Ethernet and everything seems to be working properly (including audio over URL). I can select a line on the "Recorder" tab and play it, so obviously it's been recorded. I selected "C:\Program Files\Proscan\Recordings" in the "Recordings Location" button of the Options > Recorder menu, and when I select it again I see a subfolder with today's date as its name (and another subfolder under that with the name of the System being scanned). However, Windows Explorer shows no content in "C:\Program Files\Proscan\Recordings". So where are my MP3 files???

Have you set the programming file to "record" on each talkgroup or conventional channel?
1716348201596.png

If, instead, you activated 'recording' via the scanners menu, then the audio files will be in the user_rec folder contained in the Audio folder on the scanners SD card.
1716348630116.png
1716348669753.png

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

On the far right side of the grid, click the File Explorer button then you should see them. I don't recommend using the Program Files or Program Files (x86) folders because for some reason, Windows will put all program generated files in the VirtualStore folder on programs that are non elevated to admin.

The Save box is for preventing deletions and that's not the case here.

Per the Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I can't find the config file or the logging files.
A: If ProScan is installed in the "\Program Files" or "\Program Files (x86)" folder AND running 64 bit OS AND not running ProScan in admin mode then Windows puts all program generated files in the VirtualStore folder located at C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ProScan

Last edited:

kc2klc

On the far right side of the grid, click the File Explorer button then you should see them. I don't recommend using the Program Files or Program Files (x86) folders because for some reason, Windows will put all program generated files in the VirtualStore folder on programs that are non elevated to admin.

The Save box is for preventing deletions and that's not the case here.

Per the Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I can't find the config file or the logging files.
A: If ProScan is installed in the "\Program Files" or "\Program Files (x86)" folder AND running 64 bit OS AND not running ProScan in admin mode then Windows puts all program generated files in the VirtualStore folder located at C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ProScan
Thank you - this was the answer. I specified a folder in My Documents instead and it works. (I also found my previous files in the VirtualStore folder.) I wouldn't have come across that particular FAQ answer because it refers to config and log files, but I was looking for audio files.

Thanks so much for the great software and the great support!