SDS200 Battery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hi,

Was wondering about this a bit.

Have a new SDS200.

Apparently there is no battery in it, or is there perhaps a small one hidden somewhere ?
Seems to be that if you pull the small power plug, the unit goes dark.
Is there a battery somewhere ?

Obviously the data loaded into it stays, so is it that they use some type of non-volatile memory, while
the HP-1, e.g., doesn't have, being so much older ?

My HP-1 has the 4 AA batteries.
Why the difference ?
Uses different logic components, or,...

Or, do they consider a HP-1 as being a "semi-portable" type of radio ?

Bob

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
HomePatrol is designed to run on batteries, the SDS200 is designed to run on 12V DC. It has a small internal battery for the clock, but that's it.

Both store all settings on the micro SD card.

The SDS series saves memory to an SD card so that makes me believe there is no memory battery (nor have I read anywhere that there is one).
Now when you power off the scanner the proper way there is a 'write to card' that happens which saves changes made. I don't believe there is a 'write to card' process that happens when power is removed by pulling the plug so you may lose those keypad changes.
Knowing nothing of the HP-1 I cannot answer those questions..

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There is no memory battery. The battery is only for the clock, nothing else.

WoodburyMan

SDS100 - Portable, has Batteries.
SDS200 - Meant for Mobile Car or Home use and runs on 12v or AC-Adapter input. No battery.

If you're looking to be mobile, perhaps you can return the SD200 and grab a SDS100. They are almost identical in terms of features except the SDS200 has LAN port for the most part. I have both a SDS200 setup in "base station" mode scanning from home, and a SDS100 I go about my day with for portable use.

Status
Not open for further replies.