SDS200 broken reception every 2'

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1RLN

Hi all,

My SDS200 E ("E" standing for Europe, with all Digital Modes activated off the shelf, still on its 1.10.07 original Firware) audio RX is broken every 2 seconds or so, with the Bar Graph sliding all the way back. Of course I suspected some sort of activated Priority function, but this doesn't seems to be the case. Any lead?

Phil

F1RLN

Hi tvengr,

Well I guess that all priorities are already Off. Here are my Priority settings:
Priority Scan > Set Priority > Off
WX Alt Priority>Off

Any other to look for?

N0vaPixel

Having exacly the same behavior with Close-Call enabled in "Priority" mode. If you don't want the audio to drop every 2', set Close-Call to "Do-Not-Disturb" mode or disable it.

F1RLN

Hi N0vaPixel,

Hmm ... how do ya actually set Close-Call to "Do-Not-Disturb"? The SDS200 doesn't even seems to accept all CC Bands Turned Off . I get a "Close Call All Band Off!" kinda warning message before returning all bands back to "On" by itself.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Hi tvengr,

Well I guess that all priorities are already Off. Here are my Priority settings:
Priority Scan > Set Priority > Off
WX Alt Priority>Off
Close Call also has a priority. If you set it to Do Not Disturb it will still look for signals, but will not interrupt transmissions.

F1RLN

Close Call also has a priority. If you set it to Do Not Disturb it will still look for signals, but will not interrupt transmissions.
Well ... I guess my original (sort to speak) 1.10.07 Firmware is too old, hence the reason why you guys are all mentioning this Do-Not-Disturb function I just can't find on my unit. I am right?

Side note: interesting e-mail address Jonathan :)

Ubbe

The latest US firmware that can be downloaded are 1.10.00 so yours are newer than that.
What happens if you open squelch and listen to the noise? Is it still detectable that the noise changes each 2 sec?
If you can switch to detailed display it should show if any of the priorites are enabled.

/Ubbe

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Well ... I guess my original (sort to speak) 1.10.07 Firmware is too old, hence the reason why you guys are all mentioning this Do-Not-Disturb function I just can't find on my unit. I am right?

Side note: interesting e-mail address Jonathan :)
It's in the menu:
Close Call \ Set CC Mode \ CC DND

Status
Not open for further replies.