sds200 card

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
will I loose my upgrade keys if my sd card ever goes bad or if I reset the scanner

There is nothing that the end user can do, in the normal operation of the scanner, that would cause the loss of upgrade keys. As mentioned, the keys are not stored on the SD card. Card swaps and resetting the scanner are considered normal operation.

N7DAN

Hopefully this is not off topic ?
I would like to make a back up SD card. can I format a new card in the SDS200 ?
Or would I just load the new card and download the current firmware and database ?
Thanks !
N7DAN

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hopefully this is not off topic ?
I would like to make a back up SD card. can I format a new card in the SDS200 ?
Or would I just load the new card and download the current firmware and database ?
Thanks !
N7DAN
You would not need to load the firmware. When there is a firmware update, Sentinel copies the file(s) to the card. But when the scanner restarts, the firmware files are written to the scanner, and deleted from the card.

If you are creating a new card as a backup, make sure it is formatted as Fat 32. Then, with the scanner in Mass Storage Mode, and your new card in the scanner, first use the "Clear User Data" which is on the dropdown scanner menu.
Then, after you do that, use the Write to Scanner choice to load the Favorites lists you want accessible from the card. If you want to load a different mix of lists on the card, such as for a different location, first use the Profile Editor to select which lists to load, and which should be monitored by default. Then use Write to Scanner to load them on the card.

Note that all this can be done with a card reader that accepts the memory card size the scanner uses. If you use a card reader, the scanner does not need to be connected while you create the backup SD card.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
When I get a new SD card, I'll use SD Formatter to do a format. While probably unnecessary, sometimes SD cards come with "helpful" utilities that I have no use for.

Always good to start with a clean slate.

Status
Not open for further replies.