SDS200 Choppy reception all of a sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcaven

I have a new SDS200 and it was working fine. All of a sudden the reception has become choppy. It cuts out and then restarts over and over during a transmissions. It was working fine until yesterday. The only thing I have noticed that may be different is the FO: at the top of the display is flashing 0.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have a new SDS200 and it was working fine. All of a sudden the reception has become choppy. It cuts out and then restarts over and over during a transmissions. It was working fine until yesterday. The only thing I have noticed that may be different is the FO: at the top of the display is flashing 0.

Sounds like you may have turned on a priority, weather priority, or close call priority. If the chopped up durations happen at regular intervals of a few seconds or so, it is most likely that.

dcaven

I had turned on weather priority. Just turned it off so hopefully that is it. Thank you. The disruptions are happening at regular intervals.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Fixed. Why does that happen?
The scanner only has one receiver in it... when you set a priority to on, the receiver has to change frequency from what was being received, and tunes to the priority channel to see if anything is being received there.

If there is no signal on the priority channel, the receiver tunes back to the frequency that was being received. Priority DND (do not disturb) will not check for priorities if a transmission is currently being received on other channels, but may miss something on the priority channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.