SDS200 Database Transfer Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzdiesel

NOOB with this radio. I downloaded Missouri MOSWIN & Arkansas AWIN. Both systems loaded the frequencies alright, but hardly any TG's. I wouldn't hear much on these systems if I didn't have ID Search enabled. Does anyone have any idea how I can get the TG's to also load?

Kaleier1

You have to use ID Search or you will be limited to hearing what is in the database listing. On one system I listened to I found 60 more TG's than were listed in the database. I add them manually and then avoid those I am not interested in. If you want you can set the scanner to record in ID search and then use this Uniden Wav Files Player to listen to an see what TG's you like.

phask

Premium Subscriber
NOOB with this radio. I downloaded Missouri MOSWIN & Arkansas AWIN. Both systems loaded the frequencies alright, but hardly any TG's. I wouldn't hear much on these systems if I didn't have ID Search enabled. Does anyone have any idea how I can get the TG's to also load?
Check that you have service types enabled for those TG's.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Did you 'download' the sites in software such as ProScan or ARC536?

Or, did you append the systems to a list in Sentinel?

In ProScan, and presumably ARC536 (I don't have that one), you can pick and choose what to import among the listed sites and departments.

In Sentinel, if you try to append any part of the system, it will also append all of the system's sites at the same time. You cannot choose individual sites (one, two, three, etc). It's all of them.

But for Departments, if you expand the system so that you can see the departments in the right side pane, then you can hold down the <CTRL> key & select the specific ones you want. Then, with these departments selected, you'll append them, plus all of the sites. You can then weed out the sites you don't wan't. Or, leave them if you planto use location to control what is enabled at your specific location.

zzdiesel

That's my problem. I did append MOSWIN for sites & towers only in my area. I relearned a lot from my 436 days today. I manually entered the TG's I want to hear. I also entered an NXDN Trunk & DMR Trunk system I wanted. Thanks, Steve!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
That's my problem. I did append MOSWIN for sites & towers only in my area. I relearned a lot from my 436 days today. I manually entered the TG's I want to hear. I also entered an NXDN Trunk & DMR Trunk system I wanted. Thanks, Steve!
Here's a brief example

I selected your county, Dunklin, and one of it's neighbors (Butler), I could have also selected Stoddard, New Madrid, and Pemiscot, and appended all five at the same time, along with all of the MOSWIN sites. Then, if desired, you could weed the MOSWIN sites that are out of range, and that you are just about never in them, or close enough to monitor.
I appended just the two as an example:
You see the two counties selected. While the screenshot only catches a few of the MOSWIN sites, all of the sites are appended to this trial Favorites list,

Then, you could do a similar append for the Arkansas counties and AWIN sites near you.

And, as already noted, be sure to check that all of your service types of interest are enabled.

Attachments

• 1589077046936.png
    1589077046936.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.