SDS200 dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
The manual doesn’t specially state, but until ours arrive I need actual and accurate dimentions of the 200.

I am working with a couple of console manufactures to see if we can get the radio into a certain console onfiguration, but none of us have a radio in possession to get anything going yet.

JohnnyGent

Banned
Banned
The manual doesn’t specially state, but until ours arrive I need actual and accurate dimentions of the 200.

I am working with a couple of console manufactures to see if we can get the radio into a certain console onfiguration, but none of us have a radio in possession to get anything going yet.
This isn't accurate? Uniden wouldn't lie would they?SDS200 True I/Q™ TrunkTracker X Base/Mobile Scanner - Uniden
Scan on.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
It’s only 2 of 3 dimentions

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Just measured mine...it is exactly 7 inches wide, a mm or so less wide than a 996, and a mm or so less than 3 inches tall, and exactly 5 inches deep not including the buttons and BNC connector. The SDS200 is the EXACT width of a Motorola dash mount radio (Spectra, Maxtrac, XTL, APX), so the SDS will happily rest inside inside the brackets of the Motorola HLN6042 8 ohm 7.5 watt desktop speaker tray. :)

Paul

JoeyC

Just measured mine...it is exactly 7 inches wide, a mm or so less wide than a 996, and a mm or so less than 3 inches tall, and exactly 5 inches deep not including the buttons and BNC connector. The SDS200 is the EXACT width of a Motorola dash mount radio (Spectra, Maxtrac, XTL, APX), so the SDS will happily rest inside inside the brackets of the Motorola HLN6042 8 ohm 7.5 watt desktop speaker tray. :)

Paul
Since you mentioned it, how is the speaker on that speaker tray? Does that SDS200 have enough audio to run that speaker and sound amazing? Recommend?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
It's a great speaker. 8 ohms so it's not putting a strain on the audio amp in the scanner, and plenty loud and clean for in room monitoring, even with the SDS or the newer Whistler scanners with low power speaker output. You can crank them up to max with absolutely no distortion. My TRX2 and WS1098 also fit in the Moto tray perfectly. You can just cut the Moto plug off and splice or solder on a 3.5mm.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.