SDS200 Discovery Operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcaven

I set up a favorites list in order to listen various organizations that will give me information about the military in Houston building hospitals, offering logistical support, etc. I would like to select this favorites list and apply the Discovery feature to it to look for more stations and frequencies that may be operating as well. I cannot get the Discovery feature to launch from Sentinel and when I try to use Discovery from the radio, it tells me the system name is incorrect. I've tried using the name of my favorites list and have tried using the names of the organizations within it. I have had no luck. I've had similar problems trying to use Discovery with the Sheriff's Department. Either Discovery does not do what I think it does or I am missing something pretty major. Thanks.

dcaven

I'm using discovery trunking. With the Harris County Sheriff everything was going fine at first. I entered the TxWarn system and two options appeared on the screen both with that name. I chose the wrong one and now the radio defaults to that and I can't get it to show me the other, correct option.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I got it to work setting it up in the sds100 scanner it should be the same for the sds200 scanner, if you want me too I will make up a youtube video
Steve

dcaven

You don't have to go that far. How do I get rid of the TXWarn system and start over? At first it gave me two choices and I just made the wrong one. Now it only presents the incorrect one. I can't get to the groups I want to monitor. Thanks.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
You don't have to go that far. How do I get rid of the TXWarn system and start over? At first it gave me two choices and I just made the wrong one. Now it only presents the incorrect one. I can't get to the groups I want to monitor. Thanks.
Sorry I don't have that scanner I only have the SDS100 but I'm sure someone will post the solution.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I run Discovery mode for trunked fairly often on my SDS200.

When setting your scanner up to run on a trunked system, such as TxWARN, first you enter the name if the system. Either use the entire name, or at least the first few letters. If only entering a few letters, then when you press Enter you will get a list of any system that includes the partial name (first few letters) that are programmed, and enabled to scan, on your SDS200.

Select the system & press Enter
At the next screen, you need to choose the site you want to listen to. It will list all TxWARN sites that you (a) have programmed and (b) are enabled to scan. You would not see sites that are not programmed, or that are programmed, but avoided.

Once you have selected the desired system & site, you get to the menu where you can specify the parameters you want to use, such as compare to database, scan all, or only new TGIDs, length if time for recording, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.