(SDS200) edit full database ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I am playing around with monitoring the full database again. It is working very well. Since I set the filter to "W-Normal" I get MUCH better audio/reception on conventional/air freqs. I have range set at 15 miles. The only issue is radio is scanning areas WAY OUT of my range. I live in Rhode Island and like to scan out to about 40 miles. I had radio range set to 5 miles, then 10 but still couldnt receive Bristol County Mass till I set range to 15 miles. Now I have complete coverage of surrounding areas. But radio is also scanning NEW YORK! Thats way too far away and I wont hear anything. Is there any way to EDIT the full database (according to what my range setting will hear) and TURN OFF things I dont want radio to scan? SDS200 scans really slow to begin with and scanning unwanted things isnt practical.

Ubbe

The locations for a site are not always accurate and the range seems to be all over the place in the database.

/Ubbe

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The Full Database wasn't intended to be "editable". Too many opportunities to goof things up.

You should note the problem areas, and submit a change suggestion so that the DB Admin people can fix it.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
I am playing around with monitoring the full database again. It is working very well. Since I set the filter to "W-Normal" I get MUCH better audio/reception on conventional/air freqs. I have range set at 15 miles. The only issue is radio is scanning areas WAY OUT of my range. I live in Rhode Island and like to scan out to about 40 miles. I had radio range set to 5 miles, then 10 but still couldnt receive Bristol County Mass till I set range to 15 miles. Now I have complete coverage of surrounding areas. But radio is also scanning NEW YORK! Thats way too far away and I wont hear anything. Is there any way to EDIT the full database (according to what my range setting will hear) and TURN OFF things I dont want radio to scan? SDS200 scans really slow to begin with and scanning unwanted things isnt practical.
Save what you are currently scanning as a favorites list. Then Edit the favorites list to remove systems you don't care about and save the list.

Then just load that favorites list on startup and not the full database.

Ubbe

The database have the filter set to Global for all records. In the HPDB folder on the SD card you have a hpdb.cfg file that you open with a text reader like Notepad and will tell you what stateID a state has. That ID corresponds to a s_0000xx.hpd file. Edit that with Notepad and all lines that begin with C-Group are a conventional department that looks like this:
C-Group CGroupId=6206 CountyId=1 Autauga County Off 32.536400 -86.650800 19.0 Circle Off Global

Edit that Global name to one of the other filter settings, Normal, Invert, Auto, Wide Normal, Wide Invert, Wide Auto, Off.

Sites work in the same way that it has the filter setting at the end of the line:
Site SiteId=23637 TrunkId=7258 AL EMA SOW Site 1 Off 32.736845 -86.768776 200.0 AUTO Standard Wide Circle Srch Global

There's a TAB character between each value, even the blank ones, so don't remove those or exchange with spaces. You can't destroy your scanner if you make a mistake with the file edit. Just download the DB from Sentinel to the scanner again. Maybe it's possible to right click on the s_ file and select to have it set to read-only to not be overwritten if you do a DB update.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.