SDS200 external speaker broadcast at same time. Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron351

Feed Provider
Hello I use a JBL Extreme Bluetooth Portable stereo. Sounds Excellent. A little overkill... I want to get the smaller Flip 5... You can use any system with an INPUT jack Anyway... You can change the volume on the JBL unit or use the App. Using a Male to Male 3.5 mm Audio cable Connect the EXT SPKR in back of SDS200 and connect to Bluetooth unit AUX INPUT.
Tom I am a little fuzzy on how bluetooth works. I assume I would need something like the link below to plug into the scanner and the speaker you mention will pick it up wirelessly and play to the speaker?
Seen this on Amazon

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Broadcastify audio archives everything. I just use my ext speaker in rear to hear the scanner. Keep it simple principle :) Alec N1AJW

ron351

Feed Provider
Broadcastify audio archives everything. I just use my ext speaker in rear to hear the scanner. Keep it simple principle :) Alec N1AJW
In my case my equipment and network is in the basement, I used to sit upstairs in the recliner and listen to a 2nd handheld and post dispatch calls for our area. I since got rid of the handheld and rather then dish out another $700.00 on a handheld I would rather extend a speaker upstairs. I may just go with a volume knob on the speaker and turn it up and down upstairs.

ron351

Feed Provider
Or use PROSCAN if it is a Uniden and use a Laptop/Tablet and have a remote scanner also.
I have proscan running 24/7 on the desktop in the basement. I can not connect to proscan on the laptop when it is running in the basement already. Simplest solution and cheapest is to run wire which I have already and connect a speaker. But I have to get a volume control so when not listening I can turn it down. Otherwise a bluetooth which I have not messed with or buy a handheld and listen like I did in the past.

ron351

Feed Provider
You can connect to the desktop with PROSCAN as a webclient or as Scanner Radio Over IP and it still stream on the desktop if you have WIFI in your house.
I may mess with it later and try. Last time I tried I had to log off the desktop and log in to the laptop and broadcast from the laptop to be able to use it. Most likely I was not doing it right. Maybe I don't have to log in to broadcastify on the laptop to listen and control. Back then when I tried it I just figured 2 can not connect at the same time. But I am still getting used to the sds200 and the proscan software.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Like I said Ron in the PROSCAN desktop would be your PROSCAN Server it would control your live stream and it could setup the WEBSERVER and or Scanner Radio Over IP and you connect to the desktop PC address to see and listen to your scanner all at the same time.

ron351

Feed Provider
Like I said Ron in the PROSCAN desktop would be your PROSCAN Server it would control your live stream and it could setup the WEBSERVER and or Scanner Radio Over IP and you connect to the desktop PC address to see and listen to your scanner all at the same time.
Ok I see what your saying now. Looking at the web server tab now. I will have to figure it all out how to fill in the stuff. I see the local and outside ip addresses. The local is evidently the desktop ip address. I usually go wired ethernet can it connect through network to the desktop ip or must it be wifi wireless? I have wifi all over in a few places in the house so either way I suppose I can do it

Status
Not open for further replies.