SDS200 Firmware Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Premium Subscriber
Just received my 2nd SDS200 from Scannermaster updated the Main firmware it was 1.10.08 so I decided to update my other one and that said already updated 1.10.00 ! What gives??

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Just received my 2nd SDS200 from Scannermaster updated the Main firmware it was 1.10.08 so I decided to update my other one and that said already updated 1.10.00 ! What gives??

Several threads on that:

Theo

Premium Subscriber
Several threads on that:

I search for it didn't see it. Thanks, Ted

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

Nothing to worry about. New firmware is not always better. The next new firmware update might even undo changes in 1.10.08 even though it might appear to be even newer than that. IE: 1.10.08 may have fixed a very minor infrequent issue but in doing so it may have caused other problems that weren't there before.

Theo

Premium Subscriber
Nothing to worry about. New firmware is not always better. The next new firmware update might even undo changes in 1.10.08 even though it might appear to be even newer than that. IE: 1.10.08 may have fixed a very minor infrequent issue but in doing so it may have caused other problems that weren't there before.
The way I see it the silence on Uniden's part about putting the firmware update for the SDS200 on Sentinel is not helpful It should be there period!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Apparently you didn't see my 1st post yes it exists I have on my new SDS200 and not on my older SDS200 because its not available on Sentinel.

What are the specific operational differences you see between the 2 scanners? Please explain what is now a feature in your newer scanner that is not available in the older one.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
What are the specific operational differences you see between the 2 scanners? Please explain what is now a feature in your newer scanner that is not available in the older one.
That might be a needle in the haystack. Only Uniden could definitively answer what the difference is between versions. Could simply be a bugfix or tweak, not a new feature.

It would be nice to know, even if it's just a minor change.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Apparently you didn't see my 1st post yes it exists I have on my new SDS200 and not on my older SDS200 because its not available on Sentinel.

The best explanation I can give you is what I said in post #4. I don't know for certain, just my guess. Have you contacted Uniden and asked them?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I seem to recall someone saying they had a SDS200 with the newer firmware in it from the factory but when they ran Sentinel replaced the newer firmware with the older firmware. They might do something like this if the new firmware had a bug. In that case there's no need to discuss it as it would bring everyone in-line with the good version as soon as they tried to update it. If Uniden divulged such an action they're be bombarded with phone calls and emails for months!

Have you tried to update your scanner that has the newer firmware? If you try, Sentinel may replace it with the older version...which might actually be better. o_O

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I seem to recall someone saying they had a SDS200 with the newer firmware in it from the factory but when they ran Sentinel replaced the newer firmware with the older firmware. They might do something like this if the new firmware had a bug. In that case there's no need to discuss it as it would bring everyone in-line with the good version as soon as they tried to update it. If Uniden divulged such an action they're be bombarded with phone calls and emails for months!
Not necessarily. Simply put that the version has been retracted and cross it out. That way people know what was attempted to be fixed but it didn't quite work out. I see that a lot with the products I manage.

However, I don't think it has been retracted, as it's being placed on new scanners.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Could be a spelling fix in the menu/sub menu or very minor tweak that wasn't even sent to test in beta.
Exactly, what I would describe as a housekeeping change, which has zero effect, better or worse, when monitoring a system.

Theo

Premium Subscriber

Have you tried to update your scanner that has the newer firmware? If you try, Sentinel may replace it with the older version...which might actually be better. o_O
YES

Theo

Premium Subscriber
Not necessarily. Simply put that the version has been retracted and cross it out. That way people know what was attempted to be fixed but it didn't quite work out. I see that a lot with the products I manage.

However, I don't think it has been retracted, as it's being placed on new scanners.
This is where UPMAN would of chimed in and set the record straight! I miss him! I think its time Uniden gets a replacement so we have an idea whats going on! ThankYou.

Theo

Premium Subscriber

Nothing that I Know of complete silence from Uniden!

Reactions: RRR

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Nothing that I Know of complete silence from Uniden!

So more than likely, by your own observation, some very minor difference needed in newer production units that won't have any effect on your older scanner.

Ubbe

We demand to be notified of what Unidens tech department and management are doing. They need to have a guy here in the forum to inform us of what they do everyday and what are said at their monday meetings.

Just kidding. We will continue to buy their scanners whatever crazy things they do and even if they give us zero support, like AOR and Icom, that still are able to sell their expensive products to people.

I've never seen such a dedicated person as Upman on a public forum representing the company he works for. At best it is a company own forum so that they can edit messages as they wish.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.