SDS200 Flickering display

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I bought two SDS200’s at the same time. One has developed a flickering display (I believe it’s also been described as vertical lines?). My questions are for others who have experienced this problem. Currently the flickering Is barely noticeable and I may tolerate it if it doesn’t get any worse. (The scanner is out of warrenty so I’m in no great rush to ship it off for a display replacement.)

1) Will the flickering get worse with time?
2) Does the fact both of my SDS200‘s, purchased on the same order, and were probably from the same manufacturing batch, give a positive indication that if one developed the problem the second one is probably not far behind?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
From what I've read there's no Rhyme or Reason. Check your serial number. Let's see if I can remember this...

The first three numbers are the code for the model followed by a Z which indicate it's a scanner then you will have the date code 8, 9 or 0 then it'll be followed by an eight indicating it's made in Vietnam. After that comes a bunch of zeros and then a sequence of numbers and that's the number of units made in that particular year and the number starts over with each new year.

See if the last two numbers are in sequence but again I'm not sure it's going to make any difference that one radio was made the same day as the other.

My most recent sds200 bought last month was the 1089th unit made in 2020. Of course they're all made in Vietnam unless the location number was 2 and that would be a beta engineering unit.

Sorry to hear you're having this issue.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Just received mine from Scanner Master on 8/12...
That puts mine at 2177th unit of 2020...
So far I see no issues with it...

I'm getting real suspicious of the mitigation part putting to much pressure on the display when the cover is put on...
As soon as the return period is expired on mine, that part is coming out and I'll do the fix on the display board...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.