SDS200 for $99

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmdx86

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I saw this ad on Facebook and came here looking to see if it was legit. It is VERY suspicious (price too low to be true, website name seems fake) but like the other guy said, if they don’t deliver you just dispute it with your CC company and move on with life.

With that in mind, I have ordered one and will see what happens. I’m not really in the market for a new scanner but obviously for that price I couldn’t say no. I’ll let you guys know what happens.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Yea I heard they all have the ProVoice, DMR and NXDN upgrades included too! Wait there's more, order now and you get free shipping and programming and lifetime warranty! :ROFLMAO::devilish:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
but like the other guy said, if they don’t deliver you just dispute it with your CC company and move on with life.

Best cancel that credit card as well... they've got your info now. That's what a lot of those scams are about, getting your info when you fall for the deal. They never had any scanners, and certainly never had any intention of selling you one at that price. That scam surfaces at least once a month.

dmdx86

Premium Subscriber
Best cancel that credit card as well... they've got your info now. That's what a lot of those scams are about, getting your info when you fall for the deal. They never had any scanners, and certainly never had any intention of selling you one at that price. That scam surfaces at least once a month.

You’ll probably end up being right but there’s pretty much no downside for me. No liability for me. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You’ll probably end up being right but there’s pretty much no downside for me. No liability for me. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

That's not true unless you used a virtual cc like my bank offers. Once they have your real cc number, name and address they can get enough for identity theft, open and max out other accounts in your name. It's bigger than the $100 on this order. But hey enjoy your new SDS :ROFLMAO:

dmdx86

Premium Subscriber
That's not true unless you used a virtual cc like my bank offers. Once they have your real cc number, name and address they can get enough for identity theft, open and max out other accounts in your name. It's bigger than the $100 on this order. But hey enjoy your new SDS :ROFLMAO:

You can’t open a new line of credit (or mess with other accounts) just with someone’s address and an existing credit card number, not sure how you got that idea. At a minimum you need an SSN and DOB, neither of which were asked (I’m stupid but not THAT stupid).

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
You can’t open a new line of credit (or mess with other accounts) just with someone’s address and an existing credit card number, not sure how you got that idea. At a minimum you need an SSN and DOB, neither of which were asked (I’m stupid but not THAT stupid).
When you ordered, did the web site ask for the security code on the back of card?

ScubaJungle

Even if the SDS costs $90 to manufacture (raw cost - no labor), theyd be giving this to you for free, and no business gives out things for free.

Even if they dont have enough info solely from CC and address - they may very well be running a script that downloads malware onto your computer, and now you may have some kind of zeus botnet on your computer.

Chronic

Yeah I saw this ad on Facebook and came here looking to see if it was legit. It is VERY suspicious (price too low to be true, website name seems fake) but like the other guy said, if they don’t deliver you just dispute it with your CC company and move on with life.

With that in mind, I have ordered one and will see what happens. I’m not really in the market for a new scanner but obviously for that price I couldn’t say no. I’ll let you guys know what happens.

in the mean time they get $99 and the credit card companies will pass the loss onto us one way or another. so when you know it is a fake deal , why let the get $99 and encourage them to run more scams in the future. dont be part of the problem .

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
How about the "related products" they put at the bottom of the page (these vary somewhat if you click at a different time).
A "garage shelter", an electric trike (if your young-one wants more power than the neighbor's kids), and a drill kit. I guess, if you're going to get screwed on the deal, might as well be with a drill.

Status
Not open for further replies.