SDS200 freezing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I trust your card swap went well Jon? Or perhaps the new card has not arrived yet? I found the SDS200 a little "temperamental" with card swaps, so I ordered a few spares, including the SanDisk High Endurance as well. After a day of various read and/or write errors, things seem to have stabilized. (Knocking on wood, crossing fingers, etc).
I had a spare, so it was only down for a few minutes once I noticed the scanner had locked up.

MStep

I had a spare, so it was only down for a few minutes once I noticed the scanner had locked up.

Great to hear Jon. That one spare that I had was brand new and produced errors after the first two attempts following all recommended procedures. The third time, with the very same card and same procedures, it worked. Maybe some accumulation of electronic "what-not" on the contact points inside the radio that got cleared after a few insertions?

I'll give you the messages I got from the radio on the first two failed attempts:

First error:
SD Card Write Error
(code=0, 4)

Second Error:
SD Card Write Error
(code=1, 2)

I also experienced some SD Card Read errors--- if that happens again, I'll grab the codes.

Bottom line here for other folks who may have these kinds of errors--- before you completely panic, try a few different brands of cards and it may take a few attempts with the same card to get the unit up and running again. So far, three days with no error. (I know- I might have just jinxed myself, so knocking on a lot of wood. Thanks to all who contributed suggestions.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I use the SanDisk Ultra 32GB in my SDS200. That gets updated a lot and so far has held up well.

Overall, the SDS scanners are far better in regards to SD card live than the x36HP.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Great to hear Jon. That one spare that I had was brand new and produced errors after the first two attempts following all recommended procedures. The third time, with the very same card and same procedures, it worked. Maybe some accumulation of electronic "what-not" on the contact points inside the radio that got cleared after a few insertions?
That's the most likely cause, oxidation on the radio and/or card contacts getting worn off after a couple of insertion cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.