SDS200 front microUSB jack

Fixitt

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
9BA03216-2225-4651-9505-86BF0022EA17.jpegMy SDS200 is connected to a laptop running ProScan. My gorilla hands will eventually break the microUSB jack on the front.

My solution is to relocate the microUSB port to the rear of the scanner. I bought this :

Ribbon Micro USB Cable FPV Flat Slim Thin Ribbon FPC Cable Micro USB 90 Degree Angled Male to Standard USB A Male for sync and Charging Black (15CM) https://a.co/d/5peaukp

Other lengths are available, but this length puts the connector right at the rear of the scanner. It can be attached to the side with 3M tape.

Last edited:

N9JIG

Sheriff
I too used a right-angle Ethernet cable for the SDS200 but to the side instead. When I ordered my faceplate from NovexCom I had them pop a rabbit hole there for the cable to run thru.

I was worried about the bend in the cable but it has been fine. I suspect that if I moved it around a lot it might fail but just leavingg it be should be fine.

Thanks again for the tip on the USB cable, mine arrived quickly and I popped out the faceplate and ran it the other day. I used a USB extension cable to then connect that to my hub and it works great.
IMG_6428.jpeg