SDS200 - GPS port pinout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Quickest is: Google > type in Uniden SDS200 > click Images > the rear is shown on some of the results.

It's the RJ11 type connector, as has been discussed. Not sure of the pin-out. Single cable unit.

mam1081

Feed Provider
I'd love to get the pinout too...nothing in the manual. I went on a 300 mi drive today can had to use manual entry of locations...not cool.

n9diz

I bought the factory gps unit works great was fun to take the scanner out of the box at the ups hub plug up power and antenna and be off on all my service calls today just missed the DMR NXDN but you cannot have it all.

Where did you purchase the CB-GPSK? I haven't seen them in stock anywhere.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

The only thing I gleaned from the Bearcat 885 manual is the GPS outputs NMEA messages.

I did find some internal pictures of the Bearcat 885. It appears looking at the pins going from the edge through the connector to the middle of the back:
Voltage
Serial Data
Ground
Serial Data

73 Eric

mancow

Database Admin
It appears to be 3.3v TTL logic and not RS-232.

I have never used GPS with an SDS so not really sure how it behaves. I've only ever used a regular HomePatrol 1. With those the GPS indicator turns green if data is present and good. It also asks you if you want to use GPS.

This thing just seems to show GPS in white and it forces it to be used. I unplugged my test GPS and set the radio to California (I'm in Kansas) using the full database. When I plugged the GPS in the radio selected Kansas and started scanning that. Is that how it is supposed to behave? What if you don't want to use GPS? Do you have to unplug it?

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
This is an ultra tiny GPS I originally bought for HomePatrol and handheld internal use. I am planning on getting some cheaper slightly larger ones for SDS-200 use. Once I do I will try to build a few for people.

Status
Not open for further replies.