SDS200 Help programming freqs not in RR database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthgarlic

Premium Subscriber
I am heavily relying on Uniden's zip code data entry to program my 200. I have found 7 talk-groups online and do not know how to program them in. I am following the instructions at Marks scanners. One of the first steps is knowing if it is a Motorola or P25 system. At this point I am lost, even if I knew that the instructions are not really clear to me. ANY help would be great. I have the freq and talk groups and don't see them in the database.

Name Talkgroup

CPD-Patrol A 2498
CPD-Patrol A 2485
CPD-Patrol A 2483
CPD-Metro 2494
CPD-Event 1 2489
CPD-Event 2 2488
CPD-Training 2487

-----------

Arizona DPS District 18 Freq 465.27500 100.0PL

u2brent

OAMPT
All are part of this system.
And the TG's you listed are already in there..
TG's with the DE designation means FULL TIME ENCRYPTION which a scanner won't decode..

Since these were not added within the last 7 days they should be in your scanner already.
Have you updated the RR DB since purchasing the scanner?

is listed here..

u2brent

OAMPT
In Sentinel:
USA
Arizona
Maricopa County
County Systems
Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC) P25
Chandler Police

Arizona DPS District 18 Freq 465.27500 100.0PL 465.275 is the input frequency. You need the output 460.275 CTCSS 100.0

Last edited:

darthgarlic

Premium Subscriber
View attachment 87973
View attachment 87972
TG's with the DE designation means FULL TIME ENCRYPTION which a scanner won't decode..

Since these were not added within the last 7 days they should be in your scanner already.

is listed here..
View attachment 87973
View attachment 87972

is listed here..
Thank you u2brent that solves the problem, man there is a lot of encryped freqs around me.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
View attachment 87973
View attachment 87972

is listed here..
The DE designates Digital and Encryption. An upper case D only designates digital. In the case of the letter e, there are two categories... The “E” or lower case “e” is the only part that designates encryption. Upper case E means the talkgroup is encrypted 100% of the time. A lower case e means the talkgroup is encrypted sometimes but not all the time. There is also the possibility that certain units within a talkgroup are encrypted full time or part time while other units are not. I have listened to systems that routinely switch back and fourth, everything is in the clear excepting sensitive or proprietary transmissions. I’ve also heard dispatch in the clear while the mobile units were encrypted and vice versa.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I am heavily relying on Uniden's zip code data entry to program my 200. I have found 7 talk-groups online and do not know how to program them in. I am following the instructions at Marks scanners. One of the first steps is knowing if it is a Motorola or P25 system. At this point I am lost, even if I knew that the instructions are not really clear to me. ANY help would be great. I have the freq and talk groups and don't see them in the database.

Name Talkgroup

CPD-Patrol A 2498
CPD-Patrol A 2485
CPD-Patrol A 2483
CPD-Metro 2494
CPD-Event 1 2489
CPD-Event 2 2488
CPD-Training 2487

-----------

To add to the excellent responses you received here, the following... In the case where you are manually programming a system and don’t know which type it is you can always enter it twice and see ehich one works.

darthgarlic

Premium Subscriber
The DE designates Digital and Encryption. An upper case D only designates digital. In the case of the letter e, there are two categories... The “E” or lower case “e” is the only part that designates encryption. Upper case E means the talkgroup is encrypted 100% of the time. A lower case e means the talkgroup is encrypted sometimes but not all the time. There is also the possibility that certain units within a talkgroup are encrypted full time or part time while other units are not. I have listened to systems that routinely switch back and fourth, everything is in the clear excepting sensitive or proprietary transmissions. I’ve also heard dispatch in the clear while the mobile units were encrypted and vice versa.

They must have encrypted all of the Chandler frequencies because I cant find any of the Chandler freqs under RWC listed as (TOPAZ or TRWC)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
They must have encrypted all of the Chandler frequencies because I cant find any of the Chandler freqs under RWC listed as (TOPAZ or TRWC)
Not necessarily. A lot of departments still have licenses for standalone frequencies they don't use anymore because they switched over to a trunked system.

Status
Not open for further replies.