SDS100/SDS200: SDS200 - Holding A Transmission

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Greetings,
When scanning and signal (transmission) starts before the signal is finished the SDS200 starts scanning. I realize that there are "channel delay" and "system options" settings, but one never knows how long any transmission will last.
If you are just scanning one site or group, the channel and system options will work well, but if you are scanning multiple interests (PD, Fire, EMS) using a long system options delay will slow down your scanning speed.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but isn't there a setting to hold on the transmission or signal ends? My Icom, P25RXII, G5 does this. Did I overlook something in the settings?
Using the Great ProScan via Lan software.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
yes, that's the point I'm making, the G5 will hold that signal until the caller stops talking and then it scans, my SDS200 cuts off the signal before the signal drops even if it is within the delay time

RMason

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like Close Call or one of the priority modes might be turned on. Each of these will cause interruptions in the received signal. Check to see if you have any of these turned on:

Priority Scan
Close Call
Weather Priority

vince48

Premium Subscriber
You said you are using Proscan?
If you are, there is a button top right corner of proscan screen, check to see if the resume scan after??? is checked.
If it is, uncheck it
Ah, no I do not see this, is there a setting to turn it on? Where would I look?

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
Ah, no I do not see this, is there a setting to turn it on? Where would I look?
It's an unmarked button if I remember under the tool bars(?) on the scanner display screen.
I'm at work so I can't give a detail description.
I had the same problem, my SDS100 would start scanning before the transmission was done. It was this unmarked button

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A Positive channel delay means the scanner remains on a channel after transmission completion PLUS the number of seconds on the delay. A Negative channel delay means the scanner will resume scanning after lingering on a channel for the number of seconds on the delay REGARDLESS of transmission completion.