SDS200 incomplete scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

XPS720

Premium Subscriber
My SDS200 is not giving me a complete scan when it finds something. If it finds something, I hear part of the conversation then it "BEEPS"; I am not able to hear the whole scan it finds. I reinstalled the Sentinel but it still does that BEEP. What is wrong?
I also checked my "favorites" and I get that partial scan with that BEEP. My BCD536HP is working fine.
Thank you,

Last edited:

a29zuk

I do not own a SDS scanner and others that do can add their expertise, but do you have a close call or priority turned on?

Jim

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you don't have a negative delay set. Negative delays only hold on an active channel for the amount of seconds set by the negative delay and then resume scanning or searching. Not sure if a beep is heard when the delay expires though as I've never used a negative delay before.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Can you post a video of your SDS200 doing this? If you clone the favorites list(s) affected from the working 536hp onto the SDS200 using Sentinel, do you still get the beeping? Not sure what would cause it but then again I disable any audible tones on a radio before anything else. You've disabled close call & priority scan?

Ubbe

Turn off recording. Check that the Replay Options isn't set to record.

One of the few times the scanner beeps are when it encounters an error. It is most probably that it is trying to record but fails to save the file on the SD card.

/Ubbe

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Yes my friend. I found out that if the PRO is turned off the SDS200 works properly. What did I do to the ProScan for my SDS200? ProScan works OK on my BCD536HP. I am happy it is not the SDS200 with a malfunction.

When ProScan is running with the scanner display showing on your monitor, look in the upper right hand corner of ProScan's scanner display window.
There should be a box there with options for things like Frequency, Resume Scan etc. It's the Resume Scan setting that you need to change to OFF.

Any setting other than Off forces the connected scanner to resume scanning regardless if there is a signal.

Hopefully this will fix you up!

Status
Not open for further replies.