SDS200 jumps off channel after 2 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

weather01089

Brand new SDS200. Worked well for a day. Upgraded to DMR, and now when is scans, and encounters an active channel,
it only stays on it 2 seconds then beeps and rescans.

Close call is not on, priority is not on. If you manually stop on an active channel with the "channel" key, it stays on the desired channel for 2
seconds, then hops to the next one. I tried resetting user settings, and data and user settings, and reloaded the favorite list, still does it.

Any Suggestions? Ray

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Brand new SDS200. Worked well for a day. Upgraded to DMR, and now when is scans, and encounters an active channel,
it only stays on it 2 seconds then beeps and rescans.

Close call is not on, priority is not on. If you manually stop on an active channel with the "channel" key, it stays on the desired channel for 2
seconds, then hops to the next one. I tried resetting user settings, and data and user settings, and reloaded the favorite list, still does it.

Any Suggestions? Ray
Are you using ProScan?

If so, there is a setting in the upper right corner that tells the scanner to resume after a specified amount of time.
1598485975103.png
If that small menu is hidden, click on the small box in the upper right corner to make it visible.
1598486032912.png

Negative delay can make the radio resume scanning, but that would only be if it stopped on a frequency or TGID that had negative delay set. It should have no effect if you manually scrolled to a channel or talkgroup.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
I never set that anyplace, either the firmware update, or a DMR upgrade must have changed it.

Thanks, Ray

Since that is a setting in Proscan (and not on the scanner itself) that would seem ... highly unlikely. An inadvertant mouse click is a more likely explanation. :) But in any event, if it ever happens again you know how to fix it!

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
The old adage...

It would take 100 people 100 years to screw up the way a computer can in 1/100th of a second... :p

weather01089

Since that is a setting in Proscan (and not on the scanner itself) that would seem ... highly unlikely. An inadvertant mouse click is a more likely explanation. :) But in any event, if it ever happens again you know how to fix it!
I never saw that in the menu until I read your post, so a mouse click highly unlikely. Not that I havent done that before LOL. Had me scratching my head for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.