SDS200 LED: White Appears Magenta

Is the pink hue on the white LED normal?

• No, there is something wrong with your SDS200.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamAltenberger

Feed Provider
Hi all,

I am noticing a potential issue with my new Uniden SDS200 and I was hoping other SDS200 owners could chime-in on whether this is normal/expected for the unit, or if there is a problem with mine that is worth following-up with Uniden about.

When the multi-color LED is set to white, it appears very pink. While the magenta setting certainly seems richer in color than the "white," they both look very similar. I would expect the white setting to be more white, like the text on the LCD screen.

In the attached images, the SPD North Precinct LED is set to white. For reference, the SFD Tac 2 LED is set to magenta.

20201011_152821.jpg 20201011_153236.jpg

JD21960

Premium Subscriber

phask

Premium Subscriber
THIS was common in all Whistler scanners too. If there is a place in the Sentinel software of on the scanner to save a HEX code color, that should work. I usually went here Neutrals Hex Color Codes: Hexadecimal codes for named colors used in HTML page features in a mobile-friendly table to find codes that actually showed up pure white, yellow or orange etc.. it worked. But I don't know about Uniden settings much.

I'm pretty sure that is the value used in the config file, which can be edited (Notepad, similar).

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Hope so. I use D3F5F5 instead of FFFFFF for WHITE. Whishler is easy, just toggle the # up or down in the Color 1 RGB section on the menu and it changes on the fly for us to observe.

SamAltenberger

Feed Provider
Magenta is created with red and blue. White needs RGB. How does the green color look?
Great question! Green, along with all the other colors, appear fine. The yellow appears just a tad orange (not bright yellow like the LCD), but not out of reason... It matches the hue of the "link" light on the LAN port. White is the only one that deviates significantly from what is expected.

Attached, East is green, South is "yellow."
20201012_004218.jpg 20201012_004304.jpg

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The alert LED isn't color calibrated. Depending on the variances of the color channel LEDs and resistors, the actual colors will vary. This isn't a Louboutin ad where the printed shade of red has to be just right...

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
The alert LED isn't color calibrated. Depending on the variances of the color channel LEDs and resistors, the actual colors will vary. This isn't a Louboutin ad where the printed shade of red has to be just right...

Maybe not calibrated, but my SDS100 is white, my 200 is not...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.