Sds200 manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubbe

I would imagine that the systems in your area would be fully mapped out and you only have to enter your zip code and then avoid out the conversations while you scan that you do not want to listen to.

Is it something out of the ordinary that you would like to do, like listening to mil-air, that you are trying to program or perhaps narrowing down the number of systems that you scan?

/Ubbe

wizardofid

I agree with the OP... I've also read Mark's "Easier to understand" manuals", and while they do help... the don't explain "why" we are making the setting that are related in the manual. Unfortunately, some of us (who aren't radio techies) just want to know "how & why" we are making these settings.

I guess you can label me a candidate for the "Uniden SDS200 for Dummies". :unsure:

Ubbe

Unfortunately, some of us (who aren't radio techies) just want to know "how & why" we are making these settings.
Many things in a modern scanners programming are just as complex as programming an actual 2-way radio for a system. So you more or less need to be radio techy if you would like to understand what each parameter in the programming are used for. If everything would have to be detailed down to suit a non techy person it would make the manual 10 times bigger, and some people doesn't even care to read the current manual as it is now beacuase of its complexity.

That's the way it is today with the existing systems and advanced scanners. It is a totally new ball game compared to crystal scanners in the 70's. At least many scanner companies have made it easier for us by using databases and GPS or zip code controlled scanning that doesn't need advanced knowledge of radio system technology to be able to use the scanner.

You can come a far way by just google a technical term that you do not fully understand what it does, and then probably have to continue to google the technical words that comes up in the results. After a while you will have a better understanding of the whole concept of the scanners layout and programming and that some settings are closely related to other settings that makes it difficult to just explain one setting without including a whole range of other settings that makes it daunting and overwhelming to a novice.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.