SDS200 Mass Storage Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8SS

How can I access the "Mass Storage Mode" on a SDS200?
Still trying to exchange data with this radio!
Also… What is the thought concerning using ARC536PRO with this radio? Worth the $$$?
Thanks in advance! Joe

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I use the ARC536PRO software really just for the virtual control and logging and it work for me, If you have you when you start the scanner it will ask you if you want to go to Mass storage, pross the E, YES button on the key pad and it will go to mass storage instead of scanning.
Steve

cpfinlay

Feed Provider
Install the Sentinel software on your PC.
Connect the USB cable to the PC and the front microUSB connector on the radio.
Press E on the radio keypad when prompted by the radio.

W8SS

Thanks for your help...
I never see that option. I am using their cable. I am plugged into "USB A" on the face of the scanner.
Cycling the power I never see that question. Your thoughts? Does the SDS200 show up as a device on your windows setup? What is it called? I have not got this working after many tries. What do you think I might be doing wrong? Your thoughts? Thanks Joe

W8SS

OK.. Now I am using the "Micro USB" port under the RJ-45 on the front panel.
Cycle the power and still I am never offered the option...
Are you hearing a "USB Connected ding dong" when connecting the scanner?
I am not. Do I have a driver issue? Thanks.. Joe

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your help...
I never see that option. I am using their cable. I am plugged into "USB A" on the face of the scanner.
Cycling the power I never see that question. Your thoughts? Does the SDS200 show up as a device on your windows setup? What is it called? I have not got this working after many tries. What do you think I might be doing wrong? Your thoughts? Thanks Joe

Driver for Uniden for Windows:

The SDS200 in mass storage mode does not show up as a device in Windows device manager, it will show as a drive. In Mass Storage mode, the scanner is nothing more than an external card reader. You should see a new drive in the Windows file system when connected properly. When you have a USB cable connected to your computer, as soon as you connect it to the micro USB port on the front of the scanner with the scanner already on, you should (in a second or 2) get the prompt on the scanner screen for serial or mass storage.

If you aren't seeing that screen after connecting the cable, try a different cable... and if you are using a USB hub, connect the cable directly to the computer's USB port.

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Echo the comment on a possible bad cable. If worst comes to worst, you can remove the SD card and use a card reader on your computer. Might need an SD card adapter, however.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I would recommend ProScan, especially if you have other Uniden scanners as you can use the same program with radios back to the 780XLT era.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.