SDS100/SDS200: SDS200 mobile?

scannerman200

Premium Subscriber
OK so would the SDS 200 be good in my vehicle if I just go through town and maybe out of town some, or should I put my 996 P2 in the truck? It’s been a tough decision because simulcast is not a huge issue at my house on the 996p2, but thinking that the GPS may be good on the 200. Do any of you have the 200 in your vehicle? Photos of your install? I currently have my 996 P2 in my truck but can’t decide.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
I too have an SDS200 which I run mobile in my pickup. We likewise have a lot of simulcast in our immediate area and surrounding areas. I have a GPS module in the truck should I go on longer trips that would take me into areas that I don't have favorite lists programmed into the scanner. I just keep it in the center console for "as needed."

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm similar to the post above. SDS 200 in the center console of my F150. I have a GPS, amplified speaker and external antenna on a vehicle specific mount to the fender.

Before the SDS 200 I had a BCD 536 and before that a 996XT.

I really like the SD card programming ability as I do a lot of maintenance on my database/Favorite Lists. It is more convenient than having to lug a laptop to the truck for re-programming, especially when things don't go right at first.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
I have an SDS200 (with GPS) that I switch between my home and RV. I use the original telescoping antenna in the house and a fender mounted (NMO mount) Larsen tri-band in the RV.

I am very happy with it. The 200 replaced my Uniden BCD396T.