sds200 P25 more intelligible at times but, not so much other times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
Is this normal for P25 non-Simualcast, transmissions? Sometimes the modulation is pretty understandable but sometimes it's not. I'm pretty new to these new digital scanners and don't quite know what to expect as far as the clarity of the modulation. Thanks! :)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's fairly common for some radios on a system to be more intelligible than others, regardless of system type.

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
When signal strength is weak...
Analog = static
Digital = garbled

You have a weak signal, or high noise floor causing digital errors.
Look into antennas
Yeah, I haven't checked my connections at my Discone in a few years I think that needs to be done for sure! Thanks! (y)

Ubbe

You can configure your display to show Digital Error Count and Noise level to help you see if you have problem to decode the digital data and when you have that problem, only on the control channel or on a voice channel or all of them.

Look at the values, together with the RSSI signal strenght and try different filter settings for that trunked site, also IFX can be used if you enter that frequency in Sentinels profile for IFX. You have to move the system to a favorite list to be able to do the changes without it affecting all other systems.

Note down the values after each change to see if improvements can be made and if one configuration could be the best for your monitoring of that particular site. Try to note down the values for the control channel and for all the different voice channels.

/Ubbe

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
See the Easier to Read guide - search for 'Digital Error Count' and you'll come up with the display item. The text above it describes the settings....

Mike
I got the D-error on my display now but, I have doubles on each transmission either, p25 over p25 Link over Link or data over data there's one above the other. On conv. I get the date twice next to each other. Don't know what I did! :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.