SDS200 popping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApexMark

Just received new scanner from Bearcat Wearhouse. It has a most annoying popping sound at the start and end of every transmission, all types.
The default setting for "Audio Off Time" is Infinite. Other values tried to no avail.
This is the internal speaker. It also happens when I attach external speakers using a ground loop isolator.
It can also be heard when the volume is turned to zero.
An example of how it sounds was posted by citiot on this thread, #45.
Firmware Main is 1.10.08, Sub is 1.01.10.
I tried other sd cards also, which are known to be fine in my sds100.

Unless there is new information on this issue which I missed I guess I have to send it back and try another.
Thanks,
Mark

ApexMark

> This is the internal speaker. It also happens when I attach external speakers using a ground loop isolator.
:)
(p.s. I use the same one)

RadioSc

Doesn't play well with others
First its going to be a popping sound. And then there will be no sound. Coming from the internal speaker. My SDS had the same problem.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
All good comments here. One thing you can check is to update your firmware. Even though the main latest firmware is 1.10.00 your radio is 08 because of some minor housekeeping change perhaps a spelling error. Your subversion should be 1.02.01, I don't think it's going to make any difference however.

You should not have to take any corrective action whatsoever, Bearcat Warehouse is a good vendor with a good return policy, something is wrong and you are not satisfied... Pack up the radio and return it after speaking with Bearcat warehouse and explaining the problem. This is your best option otherwise you will just have to live with it or try all kinds of methods that you should not have to try on a brand new radio. Return the radio. The best of luck, sorry to see this happened but thank goodness you can return it for an exchange.

TedTobias

Thanks You'll have very good luck with the boys at Bearcascannerwharehouse. there very customer centric and will have it fixed or replaced within the week. There a great scanner mines cell phone clear Paul and Mike will have your problem cleaned up in a jiffy. I will bet next week at this time you'll be a happy boy! Let me know.. This company understand what a sense of urgency is all about.

Thanks,
Theodore

Status
Not open for further replies.