SDS200 Priority Scan DND

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8now

Premium Subscriber
I cannot get the priority scan to work on my SDS200. I am using ARC536BASIC, Version 2.2, Build 10 - Full Version. I have the priority channels set and I have confirmed it in the in the programming. However, once I start scanning, I get the message: " Priority Scan, No Channel". I even went through the scanner and confirmed it manually with each channel and the priority is set. I also tried simply priority scan and still the same. Anyone have any suggestions? Is this a programming software issue or a scanner issue? The scanner firmware is up to date. Any help would be great!

Anyone have any suggestions?
There's a lot of confusion over Priority.

See if this helps:

SDS200 - Priority channel

Priority Scanning

From page 11 of he manual

PRIORITY SCANNING Priority Scan – When the scanner is scanning a Conventional System, it interrupts scanning, based on the Priority Interval and Max Channels settings, to check priority channels for activity. The more channels you have set to priority, the longer the interruption will be. The Favorites List(s) and System(s) containing the priority channel(s) have to be enabled (and not Avoided) or the scanner will display Priority Scan No Channel. Priority DND – The scanner checks priority channels, based on the Priority Interval and Max Channels settings, only when not receiving other conventional channels so there is no interruption in scanning with conventional systems. Priority ID Scan – This function is similar to conventional priority although there is no interruption during the transmission. Priority is checked in between transmissions, when the scanner is receiving the control channel, and during the channel delay period. The scanner can only look for priority IDs in the trunked system it is currently scanning. Preemptive Priority ID Scanning – For Motorola systems that have channel priority active on the system, if you flag a channel as priority and the system also has that TGID identified as a priority channel, the scanner will preempt any current transmission if the TGID becomes active. The highest priority is for channels in System Quick Key 0. The lowest priority is for channels in System Quick Key 99. Priority for priority channels in the same channel Department follows the order in which the channels were created. To use Priority Scan, you must first set your Priority Channels. To use Priority ID Scan, you must also enable Priority ID Scan for each system. To toggle Priority Modes, press PUSH/FUNC then .NO/PRI. Priority is always on for a trunked system, if enabled in the system.

Last edited:

w8now

Premium Subscriber
Thank you! That is how I thought I had things setup. I will check again later today and let you know. Thank you again!

IQ_imbalance

Premium Subscriber
I'll try to post this here instead of starting a new thread. If i'm interpreting the above correctly, does that mean if you have a favorites list with several systems in it a channel marked as priority will only be scanned as such when the scanner cycles through that system? What i'd like to do is have one particular channel in one system monitored as a priority channel while the scanner is going through the very large number of systems in the national database.....

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'll try to post this here instead of starting a new thread. If i'm interpreting the above correctly, does that mean if you have a favorites list with several systems in it a channel marked as priority will only be scanned as such when the scanner cycles through that system? What i'd like to do is have one particular channel in one system monitored as a priority channel while the scanner is going through the very large number of systems in the national database.....
For conventional channels priority, that is not correct. If you have one or more conventional channels set as Priority, the scanner will pause briefly to check for activity while it is scanning your Favorites list, or while it has stopped on a different conventional channel (that is not tagged as Priority. If you use Priority DND, then it will only check your Priority channels for activity when it is not stopped on a different system or channel. For conventional Priority to work, you need one or more channels flagged as Priority to be in a Favorites list. If all of them were set as Avoid (locked out), or were in a System or Department that is avoided, then you would get the 'no channel' message. As Doc has already noted with the longer explanation, you can control how often the scanner checks priority. Stretching out that interval will minimize the interruptions to what you are hearing. When Conventional Priority is active, you will see the PRI in the display.

Ubbe

It's a bit confusing as Uniden sometimes refere to TG's as being channels.

If you set priority to a TG if will only be active while scanning that particular system.

When setting DND priority to a frequency it will be checked at intervals when there's idle activity on other analog conventional frequencies and also while scanning or searching it will be checked at intervals.

/Ubbe

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
But for a mix of conventional and trunking systems?
Your Conventional channels, set as Priority, will only be scanned if (a) they are not set as avoided, and (b) Priority (or Priority DND) has been activated (you'll see the PRI in the display). You can use keystrokes to toggle conventional Priority on or off. (Again, read Doc's post above)

Trunked system priorities are handled differently. You must flag a TGID as Priority, and you must also enable Priority ID Scan in the system options. That does not generate the PRI in the display, and you can only turn it on or for (for a specific system) by changing the system's Options. Also, the scanner will only use Prioity ID Scan while it is scanning that specific system. It would not check for a Priority ID being active in one system, if it was either scanning a different trunked system, or scanning your Favorites list, or stopped on a conventional channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.