Sds200 produced date

Status
Not open for further replies.

timdevaney

Premium Subscriber
Hello

How would one find out on their sds200 when the radio was made and whether it's fairly old or has come off the production line, very recently. The reason I ask is I have had two units from Amazon that have both had issues and they look like they are old units that were one of the first to come off the production line the boxes were all munted And they had the horrible humming noise. I've just ordered another one from Amazon from a different supplier that is out of stock and is getting new stock, which I'm hoping will be fresh off the production line. And maybe not have this hum issue that my last two radios had I hope that make sense. Is there any way to find out roughly when the radio was produced or manufactured? Thank you kindly. To anybody that replies. It's greatly appreciated. Cheers, Tim

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hello

How would one find out on their sds200 when the radio was made and whether it's fairly old or has come off the production line, very recently. The reason I ask is I have had two units from Amazon that have both had issues and they look like they are old units that were one of the first to come off the production line the boxes were all munted And they had the horrible humming noise. I've just ordered another one from Amazon from a different supplier that is out of stock and is getting new stock, which I'm hoping will be fresh off the production line. And maybe not have this hum issue that my last two radios had I hope that make sense. Is there any way to find out roughly when the radio was produced or manufactured? Thank you kindly. To anybody that replies. It's greatly appreciated. Cheers, Tim

Look at the serial number tag on the back of the scanner...

The digit immediately following the letter "Z" indicates the year it was made. A "9" would mean 2019 etc.

timdevaney

Premium Subscriber
Look at the serial number tag on the back of the scanner...

The digit immediately following the letter "Z" indicates the year it was made. A "9" would mean 2019 etc.
And thanks for the reply, as well. I appreciate it. I'm sort of new around here trying to be more active and contribute to the community, but I'm not very knowledgeable. Obviously lol

waynegentry

Hello

I got my SDS 200 SEPT 29,2019 from the hobby stop in kettering,ohio marshall rd. No problems on any band my serial number is 384Z. Don't buy nothing unden this serial number. Got anymore questions email me ten.labolgcbs@yrtnegenyaw .

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I got my SDS 200 SEPT 29,2019 from the hobby stop in kettering,ohio marshall rd. No problems on any band my serial number is 384Z. Don't buy nothing unden this serial number. Got anymore questions email me ten.labolgcbs@yrtnegenyaw .

The “384Z” part of the serial number indicates the model of the scanner (in this case the SDS200), and has nothing to do with the date of manufacture.

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
Thx So, I'm guessing mine was made in 2019.

Interesting your serial is 2021 from 2019.

I bought my SDS200 last month from Scannermaster and it is serial 991 of 2019.

The box was mint as was the packaging and stuff inside, so it did not look like a return nor that it had been sitting around for a long time.

And yes, it has the digital noise/him issue but in my room environment it is not too intrusive.

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
Don't buy "anything Uniden?" makes me wonder about the purpose of your post. Don't like it...get rid of it....

Bob1955

Hello

Don't buy "anything Uniden?" makes me wonder about the purpose of your post. Don't like it...get rid of it....
MisterLongwire, It's just that model and the SDS-100 that seem to have issues. The rest of the scanner line is great and far exceeds Whistler as I have owned them briefly and sent them back. Too much intermod(RF)

dvendt

MisterLongwire, It's just that model and the SDS-100 that seem to have issues. The rest of the scanner line is great and far exceeds Whistler as I have owned them briefly and sent them back. Too much intermod(RF)
No issues with my 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.