Sds200 programing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzaz

Programmed my local area,getting everthing,except it seems to skip over one of them.if I use hold it comes in just find but not when scanning my favourite lists, any ideas?. And its enabled thanks for the help.

Ubbe

Programmed my local area,getting everthing,except it seems to skip over one of them.
What kind of channel is it? Analog, subtones, digital, TG. Try adding some hold time to either the system or department and see what happens. Try adding two copies of the channel so that the scanner goes from one to the other without a frequency change.

It could be an interference that blocks the squelch action and makes it too slow. Then you have to experiment with the different filter settings and the IFX.

/Ubbe

dzaz

What kind of channel is it? Analog, subtones, digital, TG. Try adding some hold time to either the system or department and see what happens. Try adding two copies of the channel so that the scanner goes from one to the other without a frequency change.

It could be an interference that blocks the squelch action and makes it too slow. Then you have to experiment with the different filter settings and the IFX.

/Ubbe
Thanks for the advice,will try it.if I putt it on hold no problems just when I scan it with other ones. Turned filters off,but what is ifx.works better with filter off it's a p25 trunk system.grosse pte woods /harper woods.

dzaz

/Ubbe
It has 5 police on it,programmed all frequency and tg into scanner, and hex numbets,its has one main dispatch,Its grosse pte/harper woods,on hold I mite get one call,nothing on scan.filter off.any ideas? Thanks

flippus1

Old Timer
Premium Subscriber
Grosse Pointes and Harper apco25. These work. I live in the area.

Attachments

• 58A6C84E-83A2-434F-9700-7F574451EB06.jpeg
    58A6C84E-83A2-434F-9700-7F574451EB06.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 25

Ubbe

any ideas?
If you can receive some communication while you hold on to that TG but do not hear anything from that particular TG while in scan, then it has to be either that the TG are avoided or the service type for it are not enabled.

If you see an improvement if you instead make a hold on the system and release the hold on the TG, then add some hold time to the system, try 5 sec and if that works then decrease the value to see if it still works.

/Ubbe

dzaz

If you can receive some communication while you hold on to that TG but do not hear anything from that particular TG while in scan, then it has to be either that the TG are avoided or the service type for it are not enabled.

If you see an improvement if you instead make a hold on the system and release the hold on the TG, then add some hold time to the system, try 5 sec and if that works then decrease the value to see if it still works.

/Ubbe
Ok I m doing that now thanks

dzaz

I'm kinda new to this, but my system is mpscs,dept is eastern wayne is that right?is that the same as yours?

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you export an hpe file of your favorites list and attach it, I will check it for problems. You will need to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and Open the zipped folder.

dzaz

If you export an hpe file of your favorites list and attach it, I will check it for problems. You will need to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and Open the zipped folder.
Thank you,I'm going to manually load it first later today,if it doesn't work will send file.thanks for the help.

dzaz

After manual reload all is working,thanks for you help.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It has 5 police on it,programmed all frequency and tg into scanner, and hex numbets,its has one main dispatch,Its grosse pte/harper woods,on hold I mite get one call,nothing on scan.filter off.any ideas? Thanks

When monitoring MPSCS (Michigan) you should only program the primary control channel (red) and the alternate control channels (blue).

KE8NGU

Ok I m doing that now thanks
what receiver are you using? I'm considering either a pair of SDR's and/or a Raspberry Pi, need a Linux PC yet
Grosse Pointes and Harper apco25. These work. I live in the area.
what receiver works? I'm considering either a pair of SDR's and/or a Raspberry Pi, need a Linux PC yet. But I'm most interested in MSP TG's.

Status
Not open for further replies.