ProScan: SDS200 - ProScan is not finding IP Scanner (But has been)

Melarian

I have been using ProScan, v 20.7, to stream audio to my desktop and on occasion over the web. Everything has been working fine. Today, with no changes to my system, ProScan can't seem to find the scanner. I followed the instructions on the dialog but it has had no effect. For a while the scanner UI panel was showing the System/Dept/Channel display in ProScan but that has stopped now as well.

I also downloaded the Scanner LAN Player this morning and it can't find the scanner as well.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have been using ProScan, v 20.7, to stream audio to my desktop and on occasion over the web. Everything has been working fine. Today, with no changes to my system, ProScan can't seem to find the scanner. I followed the instructions on the dialog but it has had no effect. For a while the scanner UI panel was showing the System/Dept/Channel display in ProScan but that has stopped now as well.

I also downloaded the Scanner LAN Player this morning and it can't find the scanner as well.

Power cycle the scanner to start with. After that, see if the front panel Ethernet amber light is on. If not then it could be a cable problem. If the scanner is still not found then go into the scanner LAN settings and see if the IP address shows.

Melarian

After turning the scanner off/on: the display, in ProScan, came back
IP - It shows as connected, Autodetect still does not show the scanner:

1678985371179.png

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Another thing I found is if the ProScan executable is not allowed in the Windows firewall, it will not find it. This includes even if the Windows firewall is disabled.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Another thing I found is if the ProScan executable is not allowed in the Windows firewall, it will not find it. This includes even if the Windows firewall is disabled.
Is that the Windows Defender Firewall or something else? I removed all ProScan instances in the Defender allowed apps section and ProScan still communicates with the SDS200 Ethernet data & audio just fine.