SDS200 & Proscan Remote Scanner Over IP

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
What have I missed?
I setup "Remote Scanning Over IP" on my computer. Can control via proscan and listen to audio after switching everything from Comm port to URL.

If I try to connect from my PC or another to the ip address (no forwarding set since only using w/in network) and it cannot connect. If I remove the 5000 port from the url I get "I am scanner called xxxx"

Suggestions and help appreciated!!!!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
What have I missed?
I setup "Remote Scanning Over IP" on my computer. Can control via proscan and listen to audio after switching everything from Comm port to URL.

If I try to connect from my PC or another to the ip address (no forwarding set since only using w/in network) and it cannot connect. If I remove the 5000 port from the url I get "I am scanner called xxxx"

Suggestions and help appreciated!!!!
Sounds like you are trying to connect to the IP address of the scanner, you should be using the ip address of the computer running the ProScan server.... plus the port number. Be sure the ProScan server is actually running with no errors at startup.

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
RSOIP doesn’t utilize a browser it uses another installation of ProScan (server) or the free ProScan Client.

You must be using a browser if you get the message “ I am scanner xxxx”.
OK...doah....I guess I missed that....I was hoping I could just use a URL.....opened on other PC and works great! But not what I was intending....

I can use the URL if I switch to server vs over IP correct? I want to be able to hear/control over Android...possible?

Thanks for the quick reply!!

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
Yes, what you want to do is what ProScan web server is for. I’ve never used on an Android device but confident it should work. And like @fxdscon mentioned, be sure to use IP of pc running ProScan server.
Well I could not get the web server working....it starts and "tests & extras" is showing data but I open a browser and use the ip & port and still nothing....

Suggestions?

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you are trying to connect to the IP address of the scanner, you should be using the ip address of the computer running the ProScan server.... plus the port number. Be sure the ProScan server is actually running with no errors at startup.
Yes, I've now switched it back to web server and no errors but still cannot reach via 192.168.1.x:5000 (default port, will change port once I get it working).

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Well I could not get the web server working....it starts and "tests & extras" is showing data but I open a browser and use the ip & port and still nothing....

Suggestions?
Check the IP address. You want to use the IP address of the computer running the ProScan Web Server.
Is the browser on your Android device? If so then switch your device to WiFi data and not cell data since you are trying to connect to the inside address. Later, after the router port forwarding is setup then use the cell data.

Last edited:

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
Check the IP address. You want to use the IP address of the computer running the ProScan Web Server.
Is the browser on your Android device? If so then switch your device to WiFi data and not cell data since you are trying to connect to the inside address. Later, after the router port forwarding is setup then use the cell data.
Well shucks.....I was putting in the IP address I assigned in the web server setup. SO actually I'm using the Proscan software setup as the web server.....changed to my other PC IP and added the port and there it is!

Thanks and it works great on my Android tablet......why isn't there a web server built into the scanner???? Dang Uniden :LOL:
Now only if BOB can get Uniden to build in Proscan to the SDS200:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
OK back again and sorry.....
Remote Server over IP stopped working and can't think of any changes that I've made.
From the workstation trying to RC in connection times out....I can ping the workstation and I'm using the port set in Proscan ROIP.
The Comm Port Setup and Monitor show packets TX & RX. Start Service for Remote Scanner Over IP
Go to workstation and open browser (tried 2) and put in ip:port and connection timed out

Suggestions Please? Thanks for any help!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Start Service for Remote Scanner Over IP
Go to workstation and open browser (tried 2) and put in ip:port and connection timed out

ProScan's remote server over IP (RSOIP) can not be accessed by a browser. It can only be accessed by another PC with ProScan installed and running the RSOIP in client mode, or using ProScan's free RSOIP client (for monitoring only).

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
I went through Web and RSOIP and I could have sworn I had RSOIP working via Browser.....It is "remote server over IP" so you should be able to use IP I could have sworn and had it working even on Android....I've never completed the Web from what I recall and when I would start a new session the next day I went to RSOIP and clicked start.....it even showed the clients.s...

Is my brain really that old?????

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
I went through Web and RSOIP and I could have sworn I had RSOIP working via Browser.....It is "remote server over IP" so you should be able to use IP I could have sworn and had it working even on Android....I've never completed the Web from what I recall and when I would start a new session the next day I went to RSOIP and clicked start.....it even showed the clients.s...

Is my brain really that old?????
Nope. It is remote scanner over IP and it does not work with a browser client. This has been stated 4 or 5 times in this thread.

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
Ok.....so I need to get the web server going to use a browser.....I know better and I should have documented my steps.....I kept thinking RSOIP was for use with a browser....will get it working tomorrow!

Thanks for the help!

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
Well, I went to Web Server and entered the required and it's working.... The only answer I can come up with is that the web server was set to auto restart and I was going to the RSOIP and starting that (can both run at the same time?) and I would go to the other pc and connect.......

I know it was the RSOIP because it had the password info and the service start on the same page....but I guess the Web service was already running...

Anyway thanks for the help! I will continue with the WEB server and forget about the RSOIP since I can do everything I want with that. Sorry for the confusion on my part and thanks for beating it into me! :D

Have a great day and stay safe!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Well, I went to Web Server and entered the required and it's working.... The only answer I can come up with is that the web server was set to auto restart and I was going to the RSOIP and starting that (can both run at the same time?) and I would go to the other pc and connect.......

I know it was the RSOIP because it had the password info and the service start on the same page....but I guess the Web service was already running...

Anyway thanks for the help! I will continue with the WEB server and forget about the RSOIP since I can do everything I want with that. Sorry for the confusion on my part and thanks for beating it into me! :D

Yes, the Web Server and RSOIP server can run at the same time. The port numbers have to be different.

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
That's what I thought.....Probably what was happening to me.

I've got it through my thick head and it's working and all good now thanks to everyone's help!