SDS100/SDS200: SDS200 Quickly Removing Stored Recordings.

bramahbull2

I have searched for the easiest way to remove the recordings on my SDS200and and so far my own method seems to be the fastest and easiest so I will post it here.

1.Power off your scanner and remove the micro SD card.

2.Insert the SD card into your computer. I use a MAC but a windows computer will work also.

3. Double click on NO NAME or whatever SD icon represents your SD to show the files and folders on the SD card.

4. Double click folder BCDx36HP.

5. Double click the folder named Audio.

6.Double click on folder named user_rec.
All the files and folders within this folder are all the saved recordings.

7. Perform a select all and insure you only have the files and folders within the user_rec folder highlighted then delete or remove to trash to delete all recordings on the SD card.

8. Close all folders and Safely eject the SD card from your computer and reinsert it into your scanner.

9. Power on your scanner and after it boots up press the function knob then press the replay/record button on the keypad and follow the on screen instructions to start your recordings by pressing the E/Yes button on the keypad to initiate recording.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
You can just delete the user_rec folder and the scanner will replace it when it restarts after you disconnect it from the PC.

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
If you let it record for a month, it will be way faster to just format the card and start over.

bramahbull2

When you put the radio into mass storage mode, the card is also 'mounted' as a drive the computer can see.
Then, just do as above - with the card still in the radio.
I never tried that. It was easier for me to view the files by bringing the SD to my PC rather than the other way around but now that I know exactly what folder to delete this method should work fine also. In my case I would need to hold the laptop or move a stand near the scanner. Just my personal situation. I have my scanner up high and networked to a server.

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
If you format the SD you will loose your favorites and custom settings. That will take a while to reconfigure.
Still takes less time than the 20 minutes to delete almost 80k recordings. It only takes a couple minutes to clear user data and reload the favorites.

RT48

I don't do recordings but if I did, I would write a simple script that I would execute after mounting the scanner as a drive. Something like

del D:\BCDx36HP\audio\user_rec\*.* /s /q

Since I don't do recordings, I can't test if that would work or need modification.

Ubbe

If you use that script when the SD card are in the scanner then my 800MB of files are estimated to take 35 minutes to delete. When I move the SD card to a card reader it says it will take 5 minutes.

If I leave the SD card in the scanner and instead remove the directory, RD D:\BCDx36HP\audio\user_rec /s /q it says it will take 5 minutes and after 2 minutes it has gone thru half the files so it seems to be correct.

/Ubbe