SDS200 Rebooting with strong signal \ Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

slylingus

Just recently I have noticed the SDS200 rebooting with a strong signal.
Has anyone else noticed this happening or is it a built in safety?
I use an external antenna tuned to my network around the 166mhz (NO Preamp)
The main system I monitor is The Regional Mobile Radio Network that is a VHF P25 trunk network.

Filter setting off as this tower is only a couple of KM away the signal strength is around 50db.
Volume set to 23 Squelch set to 3
The scanner is rebooting with Strong UHF signal also.
I have not changed data cards as yet I will do that in a couple of days.
I have added a YouTube clip. scanner reboots at 1.14 there are a couple of other scanners receiving in the background.
can I log these errors somehow ?
Thanks in advance just a novice here so not technical info.

jim202

My thoughts on this is that with the volume cranked up, the power supply was being pulled too low and the micro processor sensed the low voltage and thought it was a good time to try and boot again to resolve the low voltage problem.

A power supply with more current ability should resolve the problem for you.

Jim

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I would think SD card related. How did you get the siren background noise...mine doesn't do that....:LOL:

Last edited:

kruser

Premium Subscriber
My thoughts on this is that with the volume cranked up, the power supply was being pulled too low and the micro processor sensed the low voltage and thought it was a good time to try and boot again to resolve the low voltage problem.

A power supply with more current ability should resolve the problem for you.

Jim

I agree with this theory. The audio amp can draw a fair amount of current when cranked to 23 like the OP stated. If the PS is already running near its limit, the current needed to power the radio at high volume is likely drawing the voltage down to the point the radio reboots.
Seen this plenty of times with various electronic devices including scanners.

slylingus

Thanks for the replies yes power supply ok on lower volumes as soon as it went above 20 volume it rebooted.
many Thanks Yes the siren just next door the the Local Country Fire Authority Volunteer Station and overlooking a busy traffic intersection
many thanks Problem resolved
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.