SDS200 scan doesnt stop on p2 trunking system

Status
Not open for further replies.

weather01089

When scanning on a tdma p2 ssystem, the TG ID will flash, but it doesnt stop. If I stop the scan and manually select the TG, it works fine.

Any suggestions?

Ray

tvengr

Well Known Member
What system are you scanning and which talkgroups? If you export a HPE file of your favorites list and attach it, I will check it for problems.

weather01089

Its the CT Land mobile radio network, loaded from Radioreference. Its a non encypted talkgroup. Again, if I stop and manually select it, it receives it fine. Let me export a file if I can figure out how. Im only doing one troop in favorites. Its a simulcast.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Try loosening the squelch. I didn't see anything wrong in the programming. I missed your most recent post.

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Try loosening the squelch. I didn't see anything wrong in the programming. I missed your most recent post.

It shouldn't affect digital. I can turn mine all the way up and digital still performs normal. He found the problem.

merlin

Try the scan and save switch or just scan the narrow band of channels for this system.
Late with this but I have seen this work with your type of group.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Upman, the former Uniden rep, suggested turning the squelch off if you were having a problem receiving a trunked system. That helped with simulcast systems.
I was having trouble receiving trunked simulcast at first. Called tech support and their advise was to set squelch at 2. That fixed it.

Ubbe

It shouldn't affect digital. I can turn mine all the way up and digital still performs normal.
That would actually be a good feature to have, if it could be set per modulation type. Some sort of offset like the one for volume. One minus step for digital and one plus for AM mode. But now the squelch acts on the RF carrier and the squelch doesn't care if it's analog or digital modulation. The max setting doesn't cut all reception and most signals at a moderate level are still received.

/Ubbe

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Squelch Does Matter (a slogan I can get behind) for digital reception on the newer Uniden models, especially in the boonies, Turn it all the way up and you may not hear anything unless next to the tower.. I stay at 2.. You can go lower than 2 but it slows scanning and will stop on anything conventional w/o a tone set. But is great if holding on a trunk system (or just a few sites and a few other trunked systems exclusively) that are a little weak and the TG's seem to disappear without stopping.. This increases the chances of those flashing TG's to stop and hear something instead of flashing by on the scanner..

Status
Not open for further replies.