SDS200 Scratches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Alright but how does it perform? I understand having to pay an arm and a leg and a few fingers to get it and the expectation of flawless cosmetics but would it really be worth the time and hassle to return it and wait who knows how long for a replacement? I don't think so but that's just me. Who's to say that said replacement won't have the same or similar blemish(es)? . Remove the screen protector, how does the LCD look?

cstetter

Performs excellent! Just slightly disappointed because when paying HIGH dollar for the best of the best scanner of 2020, you expect a clean, flawless product. I did purchase this Brand-New scanner from ZipScanner but I still recommend them. I was debating returning the Scanner and getting a new one but I just done think its worth the time (weeks) to do so. I scanner works the way it's supposed tooo! Going to keep it for years and years to come!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Look closely on the left-hand side by the keypad

Can you take some better pictures with better/different lighting? And take a close-up, straight-on pic of the micro USB connector.

As mentioned in post #17, something doesn't look right inside there... at least from the angle of the current pic.

cstetter

Can you take some better pictures with better/different lighting? And take a close-up, straight-on pic of the micro USB connector.

As mentioned in post #17, something doesn't look right inside there... at least from the angle of the current pic.

I installed a screen protector! Did a poopy job doing soooo

cstetter

Attachments

• IMG_4131 (1).jpg
    IMG_4131 (1).jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 65

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Can you explain what that means? Give me a clear understanding on what Molding artifacts mean>
When plastic is flowing into a complex mold, you can sometimes see the flow pattern as the plastic filled the mold. It can happen when flows from multiple directions converge, as when the flows go around a key hole, and rejoin on the oppisite side. The diagonal lines aroind the keypad holes look exactly like that. One of the reasons for texturing in molded parts is to disguise such artifacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.