SDS200 Seriously Discounted At Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I seem to recall that 'Police Scanner Outlet' on Amazon and eBay is an alter-ego of another company...Zip Scanners? Bearcat Warehouse? Anybody know?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Something does not "smell right" about this. "Police Scanner Outlet" is the name that Bearcat Warehouse uses for marketplace sales on Amazon, as has already ben posted.. BCW is currently still listing the SDS200 @ $699.99. Why would they discount something that is selling out at the $699 price, and instead sell it for $150 less on Amazon?
couldn't pass on the price... just ordered without a problem.
Hopefully, you'll get it for that price. I would like to eventually get a second SDS200, but not practical right now.

bberns22

Something does not "smell right" about this. "Police Scanner Outlet" is the name that Bearcat Warehouse uses for marketplace sales on Amazon, as has already ben posted.. BCW is currently still listing the SDS200 @ $699.99. Why would they discount something that is selling out at the $699 price, and instead sell it for $150 less on Amazon?

Hopefully, you'll get it for that price. I would like to eventually get a second SDS200, but not practical right now.
Amazon subsidizes the discount, it is a common practice for them.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm familiar with the discounts Amazon occasionally offers, especially when it's tied to applying for an Amazon linked credit card. That's not a specified condition for this sale. And it's more common when something is offered on a 'lightning deal'. There are about a dozen sellers listed for the SDS200. One other seller, "2ndChanceSales" is at the $550 range, but all the rest are in the normal $699 range. I don't see an incentive likely for Amazon to subsidize this specific seller when all but one of the others are in the expected price range.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Also interesting that the listing shows a list price of $799 (not $699) with a 'discount' of $250, not $150.

$150 off is still a good deal though!

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Bearcat Warehouse and Police Scanner Outlet point to the same address and phone info...
Pulled from there respective websites...

BCW.jpg

PSO.jpg

They don't even show that price on there website...

Last edited:

Medic10mda

Ø Pittsburgh, PA
Premium Subscriber
Think it is an error with Amazon? They are showing as NEW. Is it possible they are refurbished?

Last edited:

Sporadic E enthusiast
Bearcat Warehouse and Police Scanner Outlet point to the same address and phone info...
Pulled from there respective websites...

View attachment 90666

View attachment 90667

They don't even show that price on there website...

Also interesting is the address.

Status
Not open for further replies.