SDS200 to Broadcastify audio issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasperRidley

CATV Lineman - Entry Level Amateur Radio User
Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

I recently started streaming to broadcastify over IP from my SDS200. It was all working great until today.

I'm now hearing garbled/digital breakup audio on my feed through Broadcastify. Audio is great out of SDS200 speaker.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

I recently started streaming to broadcastify over IP from my SDS200. It was all working great until today.

I'm now hearing garbled/digital breakup audio on my feed through Broadcastify. Audio is great out of SDS200 speaker.

Any suggestions?

What software are you using to stream?
Did you try to disconnect from Broadcastify and reconnect?
What about reloading the software?

JasperRidley

Premium Subscriber
What software are you using to stream?
Did you try to disconnect from Broadcastify and reconnect?
What about reloading the software?
Sorry should have been more specific.

SDS200 to RadioFeed over IP

I did disconnect/reconnect from Broadcastify, restarted software and scanner as well. I think it's a new issue that started after my battery backup kicked on for a few minutes, which doesn't really make sense I guess.

I don't see a ton of audio manipulation options in RadioFeed when going over IP other than volume which I've tried.

JasperRidley

Premium Subscriber
I thought about testing with a different software maybe but wasn't sure if that was a good idea

bemyax

Feed Provider
Try setting up a wifi hotspot on a cell phone and connecting through that (if possible). My feed sounded like that once, way in the past, when my internet was FUBAR. Can't hurt to try it.

JasperRidley

Premium Subscriber
Try setting up a wifi hotspot on a cell phone and connecting through that (if possible). My feed sounded like that once, way in the past, when my internet was FUBAR. Can't hurt to try it.
I will try that now

JasperRidley

Premium Subscriber
I tried several different power configurations, new WIFI, new Ethernet cables and several restarts and now it's good.

I'm wondering if I had two connections to RadioFeed going at the same time or something?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I tried several different power configurations, new WIFI, new Ethernet cables and several restarts and now it's good.

I'm wondering if I had two connections to RadioFeed going at the same time or something?
Negative, you would have seen a "Mountpoint In Use" message.

If it happens again, click the Loopback box so you can hear the scanner audio on your computer speakers and it may help to isolate the problem. It's located in the Audio Monitor & Test tab. Choose Source Client first.
Also see if a scanner power cycle helps.

JasperRidley

Premium Subscriber
Negative, you would have seen a "Mountpoint In Use" message.

If it happens again, click the Loopback box so you can hear the scanner audio on your computer speakers and it may help to isolate the problem. It's located in the Audio Monitor & Test tab. Choose Source Client first.
Also see if a scanner power cycle helps.

Awesome I will try that in the future thanks!

JasperRidley

Premium Subscriber
Out of curiosity @ProScan

Do you know if the audio adjustments in the Audio Monitor & Test tab are active for Broadcastify's stream or is it locked to their settings? I've noticed they are locked and greyed out on the source client tab.

Either way thanks for your help!!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Out of curiosity @ProScan

Do you know if the audio adjustments in the Audio Monitor & Test tab are active for Broadcastify's stream or is it locked to their settings? I've noticed they are locked and greyed out on the source client tab.

Either way thanks for your help!!
You're referring to the Samples Per Sec and MP3 Bitrate. They are grayed out for 1 of 2 reasons. 1) Server type is set to Broadcastify so the Samples Per Sec is locked at 22050 and MP3 Bitrate is locked at 16 for a Mono feed per Broadcastify. 2) Source Client is connected to a server.

JasperRidley

Premium Subscriber
You're referring to the Samples Per Sec and MP3 Bitrate. They are grayed out for 1 of 2 reasons. 1) Server type is set to Broadcastify so the Samples Per Sec is locked at 22050 and MP3 Bitrate is locked at 16 for a Mono feed per Broadcastify. 2) Source Client is connected to a server.

Thank you and yes, that's what I was referring to. I disconnected from Broadcastify and they were still grey so It's clearly their limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.