SDS200 UID

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Collection and entry of UID alpha tags will be a tedious manual effort. The RR database doesn’t support storing these and even finding the info isn’t usually easy. Assuming you are retired from the fire service so you may have a source for at least one department.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to have an alpha tag if you know the Unit ID#? Can you have an alert or volume offset for a particular UID?
Yes, yes, no.

Yes,yes, yes/no: you can set an alert per Unit ID/Radio ID. This is easier to do on a Phase 1 P25 system since the Phase 2 UID Capture issue is still problematic. Cap+ and NXDN Trunking systems it can be done too.

I have compiled many active radio ID lists, and if you're main focus is on a fire department, even easier. Most apparatus radios remain the same, and officers/engineers/firefighters radio identification is similar to the apparatus.

On police departments, if in-car use, this can be easily documented. Some officers are assigned portables, and utilize the same radio signatures, so also easy to do.

As mentioned, time consuming and tedious, but keep a pen and paper near by (as I do), and get ready to write.

***One thing I forgot to mention. In order to see your identified radio ID's, you have to Edit the Display in a field to show Unit with Name. This can be done on either the Simple Trunk or Detailed Trunk tab.***

Last edited:

rrobinso84

Premium Subscriber
Collection and entry of UID alpha tags will be a tedious manual effort. The RR database doesn’t support storing these and even finding the info isn’t usually easy. Assuming you are retired from the fire service so you may have a source for at least one department.
The RRDB Admin guide mentions that UIDs "aren't implemented yet." Any admin aware of any plans to start collecting this data? I'm doing my own side project using an sdr and the channel monitor, but it is quite tedious and requires my full attention.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
The RRDB Admin guide mentions that UIDs "aren't implemented yet." Any admin aware of any plans to start collecting this data? I'm doing my own side project using an sdr and the channel monitor, but it is quite tedious and requires my full attention.

It was mentioned a few years ago, but nothing materialized. My statewide system has almost 3,900 radio ID's and don't feel like typing that much.