SDS200 Using VLC to listen to the audio stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

29a

I am curious if there is anyone who might be able to post any info on how to listen to the Uniden SDS200 scanner audio using VLC Client? My scanner is on my LAN with a Static IP, and the connection is correct and setup properly. I use the Uniden Software on my iPhone to access the SDS200 audio on my LAN, it works, but I'd like to use VLC because it is vastly available on many devices, would allow me to enjoy more scanner audio on more of my devices if only I could get the settings correct and everything configured properly. I've seen on YouTube that people are having success listening to their SDS200 scanner audio using the LAN Connection & VLC Software, but when I go to look for spacific settings that are needed to monitor the audio stream I seem to be unable to find any correct info that really talks about the LAN features and settings for the SDS200, such as Ports and what and what not the SDS200 can do via the front LAN Port on the scanner. Any "technical spacifics" would be appreciated.

-29A

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Go to the menu Media -> Open Network Stream
Enter in the url in this format using your scanner IP address.
rtsp://192.168.1.5/au:scanner.au

The LAN connection can do anything the serial port can do plus FTP read/write, and audio.

Last edited:

Dcarter52

The LAN connection can do anything the serial port can do plus FTP read/write, and audio.

Thank you for your help! I got this to work on my Mac. Now I am trying to get this to work on my iPhone. Any suggestions?

Dcarter52

After stopping the feed, I am having problems getting it to restart. Why?

I get this:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
You can use the free ProScan RadioFeed software, which includes a basic web server that you can select the Metadata scanner display data to be sent with the stream. Any web browser, desktop or mobile device, would work for receiving the stream.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.