SDS200 Volume Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Probably some setting but my scanner won't turn the volume all the way down on digital channels. No problem with analog channels. With digital there is a minimum volume. Ideas?

jharr465

Premium Subscriber
There was a problem with ProScan remote not turning the volume all the way down but it was fixed in the latest release of the Proscan software, version 14.5.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Probably some setting but my scanner won't turn the volume all the way down on digital channels. No problem with analog channels. With digital there is a minimum volume. Ideas?

The most common cause of this is that you have the "Volume Offset" set to a positive value (+1 to +3) on some of your digital channels.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
The most common cause of this is that you have the "Volume Offset" set to a positive value (+1 to +3) on some of your digital channels.
Ah, that is the case intentionally. Thank you. I guess I'll live with that, not a huge deal.

Fireplug

Premium Subscriber

My SDS200 volume is stuck on VOL 28 analog or digital. Squelch works fine. Volume will turn radio on/off but always at level 28. Defect to be repaired or some setting wrong?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That sounds like one pin on the volume control is not making good contact. i.e. repair issue.

Fireplug

Premium Subscriber
That sounds like one pin on the volume control is not making good contact. i.e. repair issue.

Thanks, Paul. On the way back to Uniden for repair. All in all, a great radio. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
Hi have a question on my SDS200 with the Volume full counter clockwise but on it takes 6 clicks clock wise to get
Vol: to 1 on the display, and on my squelch fullcounter clockwise it takes 9 clicks clockwise to see 1 on the display.
Is this normal? Thank you

Houdini7

Premium Subscriber
Normal, and just another oddity with the radio.
It's annoying that there's no on/off button so you could keep the volume at the 'last set' level
I suppose those that 'designed' this radio just turn it on and leave it on all the time?

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
No different than any other base mobile scanner from Uniden for decades.
Just checked my SDS100 my display on 0 and 1 click of the volume nob and the display shows 1 and I can hear it.
I guess its a portable and different style scanner, but my BC785D has sound when first turned on. It would have been great if the same method used on the 100 for volume and power was used on the 200.

No longer concerned if folks say it normal! Enjoying both scanners a lot! Thanks

Last edited:

jjbond

Banned
Banned
I'm experiencing this tonight all of a sudden, most talk groups on RWC here in Phoenix I do not hear with the volume all the way down, just the annoying background buzz/humm. But with my volume all the way down, certain talk groups are coming in like the volume was at 10 o clock... I have not changed any volume offsets... and one minute the talk groupl will be no volume like it sould be, then the next time there's traffic on the channel, it'll be booming... sigh

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Well, sure enough, went in and looked and a whole bunch of my talk groups were setup with +2 volume offset and some with minus... something I never did, must have happened during all my screwing around playing with FTP.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Well, sure enough, went in and looked and a whole bunch of my talk groups were setup with +2 volume offset and some with minus... something I never did, must have happened during all my screwing around playing with FTP.
I should have mentioned..... what gave it away was i noticed a flash on my screen now and then and finally noticed a +V or was it a V+ on the talk groups that were loud with the volume all the way down.. ding ding ding.. light bulb moment... so if you see a V in white font, check out that talkgroup for volume offset.

Status
Not open for further replies.