SDS200 vs TRX2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know, they are all enabled. All 5 numbers show up at the top of the screen. When I use the quick key, the number goes away until I hit the quick key again.
I would verify if they are enabled. I don't use Proscan to program my SDS200s, but I'll post a screenshot of the checkbox I'm referring to. I also don't use quick keys - I like to keep everything simple, thus the only control I use on the radio is the on-off-volume control, lol.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
My Proscan setup atm has 3 Fav lists. The check box I am referring to is highlighted in yellow. The check box in each Favorite list you want to monitor should be ticked.

fv2.PNG

racefan0020

Premium Subscriber
yep, I just checked all my favs and they all say monitor. Is there anything I am missing on the system level that I'm missing? Is there anything besides entering the quick key to enable the system to be scanned? I mean, this isn't a make-or-break deal, so far, when I want to scan another system, I just copy and Paste to Favorite 1 and then write to the scanner.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
IMO, Proscan is kind of an elite level program. If it were me, I'd program the radio with Sentinel as it's more basic. Once you get it working, move on to Proscan.

racefan0020

Premium Subscriber
may try that. But, I found Proscan easier to use than Sentinel. I guess, what makes Proscan easier for me is the virtual scanner display. It's easier to keep my head foreword, than constantly turning my head towards the scanner. LOL

PCPA

As far as I know, they are all enabled. All 5 numbers show up at the top of the screen. When I use the quick key, the number goes away until I hit the quick key again.

Dauphin County LE is in the clear for Dispatch TGs but encrypted for everything else.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ok, am well pleased so far with the clarity of the audio. Got Proscan to help with programming, very helpful. I have so far entered 5 favorite lists. One area I am having difficulty with is, even though all 5 lists enabled, the only one that scans is list number 1. No matter what I try, I can't get any of the others to scan. All 5 show on the display as enabled, all service types are checked and everything else the manuals say. Anyone have any ideas?
Programming the Favorites in ProScan is the same as programming in Sentinel. Since the other 4 favorites lists are not scanning, I would do this:

1. When uploading, ensure that all 5 lists are checked. Since the lists have already been uploaded, go into the scanner menu - Set Scan Selection - Set List to Monitor then verify all the lists are showing and they are On.

- Or -

1. Make a backup of the current ProScan favorites by going into the menu File Save As then choose another folder. After that, go into the File Open then choose the original folder.
2. Do a Scanner Read. Verify all the favorites lists are showing.

racefan0020

Premium Subscriber
have tried everything and still can't get anything but favorite 1 to scan. A problem, but not all that horrible. I will just have to copy and paste any other systems I want to scan into favorite 1. I tried everything, including reformatting the SD card and no go. I guess it's a problem with the scanner itself and I don't feel like returning it and getting a new one. Thanks for all the input. I just have to use it like the Pro 197 and TRX 2 virtual scanner mode

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Make sure the FL's are enabled in your profile.

Edit Profile in Sentinel

check all those tabs for the various settings.
Make sure every FL you want enabled has a check in the respective numbered box..

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have done all that, like I said, I think it's a problem with the scanner itself
A scanner problem will not cause this type of problem. Can you zip up the ProScan or Sentinel files and post it so we can look and see what the problem is.
To zip it up, go to the Folder containing the favorite files such as f_list.cfg, f_000001.hpd, f_000002.hpd, etc then use CTRL-A to select all the files then right click and choose Send To - Compressed (zipped) folder.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Yep, almost definitely programming or a profile setting.

Are the other FLs making it to the scanner? Verifiy on the scanner by going through menu to edit favorite.

What quick keys have you assigned? Any asterisks showing on top 3 lines of scanner display?

Are you using location control on any of the FLs? Verify. If so, how did you set location?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Not only do the list need to be set to monitor they need to be set to DOWNLOAD
You have double checked to see if they show up in the scanner
MENU
SET SCAN SELECTION
MANAGE QUICK KEY STATUS
FAVORITES QUICK KEY
ON OR OFF

racefan0020

Premium Subscriber
Ok, here is the zip file. Hope you can help. Even if you can't figure it out, Many thanks

Attachments

• f_000001.zip
    150.9 KB · Views: 8

racefan0020

Premium Subscriber
Ok, just getting used to the scanner. Is there a way to bulk change, like say, I want to change the volume offset for the entire system. Is there a shortcut to bulk change the setting? Or do I have to go one by one on the Talk Groups and change them 1 by one. I am using ProScan

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ok, just getting used to the scanner. Is there a way to bulk change, like say, I want to change the volume offset for the entire system. Is there a shortcut to bulk change the setting? Or do I have to go one by one on the Talk Groups and change them 1 by one. I am using ProScan
Use the Find & Replace function in the Utilities menu.

{edit} You can also right click the Volume Offset column then select Fill Down. That will only change the current group or department and not system wide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.